You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Multiplayer Scenario Only Works Single Player
Bottom
Topic Subject:Multiplayer Scenario Only Works Single Player
alphajapwolf
Mortal
posted 10 January 2010 10:37 AM EDT (US)         
Hello Guys, a friend of mine created a scenario, tested it, etc... When we try to play it Multiplayer, AOM just exits to the main menu and starts glitching. This Scenario works in Single Player, and in the test function of the editor. Any Ideas?

I've uploaded a copy of the Scenario to my website server at http://alphatronics.us/AOM/ProblemMap.scx
AuthorReplies:
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 10 January 2010 10:41 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I guess he used sound timer or chat contains? They don't work in mp.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 10 January 2010 10:52 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
If it balcks out and exits before the game starts then there is probably an invalid character in the file name
lostrozzacavalli
Mortal
posted 10 January 2010 10:54 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
I know 99% what problem it is.

As if as the version you told us to download is called "ProblemMap", I think the original map was not called so, and if it had a . in it, like I don't know, SuperMapVersion1.0.scx, then that . (dot) cause exactly that error (disconnession from ESO, sometimes bugged main menu, ecc.).

@Yeeb it can't be a trigger problem as that map doesn't contain triggers.

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
alphajapwolf
Mortal
posted 12 January 2010 06:30 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
For Future Referece, Multiplayer Scenarios apparently cannot have spaces in the name.
Green_Turtle
Mortal
posted 12 January 2010 07:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Um, yes they can... I play online scenarios all the time that have spaces in them. Everyone does! Spaces are not the issue, here.

AOM Scenario Trigger Editor Official Thread!

Chat Contains without OOS for online!
Want to know what happens when you mess with water and elevation in a random map script? Well, you'll want to see this, then.

[This message has been edited by Green_Turtle (edited 13-32-2011 @ 13:60 AM).]
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames