You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » AI won't build Titans in my scenarios
Bottom
Topic Subject:AI won't build Titans in my scenarios
AvengingDragon
Mortal
posted 14 January 2010 09:41 PM EDT (US)         
I've built a scenario that I'd really like to play where I take on seven enemies where I can make them various sized teams. I'm trying to play it on "Titan" level, but I feel like the enemies aren't playing as hard as they do on Random Map, specifically, none of them build their Titans. I'm new to the editor, and need some help. Should I be using different AI than the default? Do I need a trigger to make them build their Titans? I'm disappointed. Please help!
AuthorReplies:
shuch_ya_mouf
Mortal
posted 14 January 2010 09:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
If you're new to scenarios, then you probably won't know how to use triggers. But, I faced this problem several times myself before I figured out how to do triggers, and just placed a bunch of units and played :\ In single player, if you don't have any triggers telling the AI's what to do, they won't do anything. But, if you take that same scenario onto LAN or online, and put computers in the computer slots, then they will fight and build up like a normal supremacy (Even though one time I did this, they wouldn't build up for some reason). And if you're looking for how to make triggers, there are numerous guides on trigger making and using on AoMH.
Minos Yewman
Mortal
posted 15 January 2010 12:06 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Also, changes due to difficulty level are changed by triggers. The AI will not play at different difficulties in Single Player regardless of what you select.

I'm not sure what happens when you take it to multiplayer, but I expect the difficulty will adapt.

Minos Yewman
Ex-Spore Heaven Cherub

"With moderator powers come moderate responsabilities." -Alex_Of_Macedon

Continuous Creation Competition 2 | SpH Staff Dethy Mafia | The Hypermaze
HailToTheOboe
Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
posted 15 January 2010 12:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Shuch - you can select an AI (such as aomdefaultai.xs) from the Player menu so it will play in single player the same as it would in multiplayer.

However, I don't know if it'll make a titan, and your map needs to meet certain conditions for the AI to behave properly (TCs need to be aligned to the grid, for example). It will always try to play as if it were supremacy and in lots of scenarios that is a bad thing
ScionOfWar
Mortal
posted 16 January 2010 00:35 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
An option is to modify the default AI for your scenario.. but not many people seem to work with AI around here >.<
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames