Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Objectives
Bottom
Topic Subject:Objectives
Century
Mortal
posted 16 January 2010 02:40 PM EDT (US)         
Well, this game has drawn me back in once again. I'm working on the first level of a little campaign, and I realized that I do not understand a couple of things.

First, Objective Setting. Is there a FAQ somewhere on this? I've been trying to set objectives to go as follows:

Main Objectives:

Build Town Center----->Defend it against the 5 waves of Cyclopes----->Defeat the 6th wave, including Polyphemus---->You Win

Secondary Objectives:

Find the Shipwreck---->Gold and Wood Reward

Destroy the Bandit Scouts---->Food and Armor Upgrade Reward

I've already written the triggers for all of the things that need to happen. Building the TC fires the first Cyclops wave, which starts the timer on the second one, which starts the timer on the third one, and so on. Everything works perfectly. The problem is that I can't figure out how to set objectives, so nobody else can understand what they need to do.

Any help on this?

My Grandmother once told me; if you ever want to make something of yourself, just give up now, because you're a retard.
AuthorReplies:
Guard of Olympus
Mortal
posted 16 January 2010 02:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
You need to write an objective under "Scenario" menu in the editor. When you've wrote these, you must use the "Objective" trigger. Set ID as 1. If you need more objectives, you repeat the process but set the ID as 2. When creating a campaign, you set the "mission" field as the number of the scenario. (i.e Scenario 1 is set as mission 1 and Scenario 2 is set as mission 2). Hope it helped. Good luck!

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
Lupus
Sage
posted 16 January 2010 03:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
@ Century: It's not possible to use main and secondary objectives like in AoE3. You can only have 1 objective unsolved. If you add another objective even though the first isn't complete, it will still be marked as complete.

[This message has been edited by Lupus (edited 01-16-2010 @ 03:38 PM).]

Century
Mortal
posted 16 January 2010 04:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
I guess I'll just have them as little surprises then. Thanks for the help.

How do you set one objective as the final objective?

My Grandmother once told me; if you ever want to make something of yourself, just give up now, because you're a retard.
HailToTheOboe
Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
posted 16 January 2010 04:17 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Use the Set Player Won effect (or You win, or End game, or any one of those variants depending on your specific needs) when the objective's condition is met.

For secondary objectives you can list them in the hints, or display them with a message or send chat, so the player is at least aware of them.

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 01-16-2010 @ 04:18 PM).]

Century
Mortal
posted 16 January 2010 04:35 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
Last question.

How do you set a visible timer? I want the player to know when each wave is coming.

Oh, and, I playtested it, and immediately upon killing Polyphemus, i get the "Next Scenario" menu, which is what I wanted, but I was wondering if there was a way to delay it so that the victory screen could appear.

[This message has been edited by Century (edited 01-16-2010 @ 04:47 PM).]

Lupus
Sage
posted 16 January 2010 05:55 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
The timer is activated by the effect: Counter: Add Timer.

Any trigger can be delayed with the condition: Timer.

Trigger 1
Condition: Unit is dead [Polyphemus selected]
Effect: Fire event [trigger 2]

Trigger 2
Condition: Timer [5]
Effect: Next scenario

Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 16 January 2010 09:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
This is what I wrote in my Concise trigger tutor for Objectives.

Objective: The objective effect is used to give the little tab up in the top of the screen that tells player what to do. For objective one, simply fire the effect. For objective two, exchange both of the '1's' in the field to a '2'. To fire a second objective, use a Distance to Point (Or some other) condition, to fire the effect Objective. You can use all sorts of conditions to fire an Objective. Experiment!
perpetual_n00b
Immortal
posted 17 January 2010 09:05 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
If you use this effect Objective New instead of the standard Objective effect then as well as adding an objective it will flash the objectives tab, play the new objective sound and display a message on screen.
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 17 January 2010 12:51 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames