Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Idea thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Idea thread
Kai Hirogashi
Mortal
posted 09 June 2010 00:06 AM EDT (US)         
IDEA THREAD

Hey you guys i am getting my designing cap on to do some aom. I wanted to make a map full of quest some what like an rpg however, i havent any ideas my brain stops when i have to think about making fun and challenging quests.

So im making this thread for you guys to give me some of your imaginative quest ideas or anything at all.

Please imply like so:

Name of Quest:
Quest Description:
Reward/Conclusion:

Thank you guys, ill be awaiting all your wonderful suggestions.

Cheers

|MEMORY|
AuthorReplies:
Necrontyr
Mortal
posted 09 June 2010 00:11 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
Quest: The quest of the golden Fleece.

Description: To make your way through levels unlocking abilities as you go along, to find the powerful golden fleece.

Reward: Unimaginable powers intended for the gods only.

Maker of Age of mythology Reviews and Total War Reviews
http://www.youtube.com/user/necrontyr1800
mikkim
Mortal
posted 09 June 2010 00:19 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,24497,0,20

Name of Quest: Age of Mythology: Age of War
Quest Description:You start out with a village, and try to kill the other village, in the style of Age of War.
Reward/Conclusion:You kill the enemy, and thus you are superior to your enemy.

[This message has been edited by mikkim (edited 06-09-2010 @ 00:21 AM).]

Myles_Kennedy
Mortal
(id: Jack D P)
posted 09 June 2010 02:18 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
Name of Quest: From the Shadows
Quest Description: You have been given the wuest of assassinating a well known merchant in the area. He has been ripping off your client and has stopped selling to him at all. You must wait until he is alone, and then slit his throat.
Reward/Conclusion: You get a reasonable amount of gold and experience(Your choices).

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 09 June 2010 07:26 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
Continuing on the stealth idea, make several rooms with patrolling guards. If you are ever in open view of a gaurs, you must restart.
Elrich
Hero
posted 09 June 2010 10:38 AM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
I'll give you my idea of a scenario I made back in my age of kings days:

You are a hired adventurer arriving on an island after being summoned to save the people there from an unknown enemy. The man who took you there on his small boat laughs at you as you pay him and he disappears back into the mist and heads out to sea. The dock is your first clue as to the scale of destruction. It is a smoldering ruin, still smoking from the recent assault of what must have been a large army. As you follow the road to the town, burning cottages line the path along the way, also still smoking, then the town itself comes into view. There is no sign of an enemy army except for the charred earth and rubble that was once a vibrant city. The only building that was left unscathed was the temple that was situated outside the main town across a bridge over a river. You approach the temple and as you cross the bridge, a priest appears - apparently the only survivor - and frantically approaches you. "You came!" he says desperately. He explains that he called you for help due to your reputation and that an evil force came and destroyed the town and sent the people to their death. He tells you that he can bring them back to life if only you could bring him the stone that is the 'heart' of the island. The stone is kept safe in a sacred place in the mountains in the center of the island and only a warrior who is brave and true will be able to take it from its resting place. You agree to the quest wanting to help right this wrong.

I will stop there because the point is to make this seem like a standard 'save the people' quest but the story is much more twisted than that and therein lies its value. As I had made it, you end up having to build an army from nothing relying on the other people of the island to harvest resources for you. If you succeed, you will return with an army and finally complete your original quest.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
Kai Hirogashi
Mortal
posted 09 June 2010 04:27 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
nice one Elrich. I am going to use that one..

|MEMORY|
pBiggZ
Mortal
(id: P_J_B)
posted 09 June 2010 07:28 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
Name of quest: Demon heart
Quest Description: Find the demon Tiamat and take her heart
Reward: Unimaginable powers

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
Veldo777
Mortal
posted 09 June 2010 08:33 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
You can never go wrong with Assassin's Creed-type quests.
Name of Quest: The Druglord
Quest Description: Assassinate a druglord in an alley. You have to stalk him back there and he'll occasionally look behind him, so you have to hide sometimes.
Reward: Payment and respect in a rival drug gang

Current scenarios working on:
104th SOAP, Plants vs. Zombies (paused), Sovothym RPG
Scenario guarantee: I will NEVER include foul language in my games. AoM is a T rated game, for violence. Let's keep it that way.
Elrich
Hero
posted 10 June 2010 08:42 AM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
What's your email? I'll send you the good part I don't want to reveal here.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
Lewonas
Mortal
posted 10 June 2010 09:39 AM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
Name of Quest: A hidden lever
Quest Description: You are wandering around in a little village - merchants all over the place - when you suddenly hear a man whispering to himself. You move a little closer to be able to hear what the man is whispering.
"... the ancient lever. Could it be? There were tales about a treasure long forgotten. What if...? I should hurry back at once!"
After hearing those mysterious words, you decide to follow him quietly (optional). The man is moving through a thick forest. Losing sight of him could be catastrophic. The man suddenly stops moving and is looking at a pile of bricks and brenches. He removes them and a broken lever is revealed. The man whines:
"If only I could repair this lever...!"

The man decides to return to the town after camouflaging the lever with the bricks and brenches. You move to the hidden lever and examine it. You conclude that there are some bolts needed to fix the broken part of the wooden framework. You return to the town and visit the local blacksmith. Unfortunetaly, the blacksmith doesn't have any copper bolts because it has been weeks since the last copper delivery.
"But if you really need the bolts so badly, you can go mine me some copper from the copper veins to the west. Be careful though - there's been a lot of aggressive wildlife reports recently. Buy a mining pick from one of the merchants if you need one. Best of luck!"

You leave the blacksmith and walk to the marketplace. Knowing you have no single penny, you decide to steal a mining pick of one of the merchants when they aren't paying attention. You could get killed for robbery if they spot you with the mining pick. Once you got the mining pick, you run off to the west. You return to the blacksmith once you mined enough copper (the mining was pretty difficult (hotkeys?)).
"Come back in an hour", the blacksmith says. "I'll be finished right then."

As soon as you leave the blacksmith, you hear a merchant screaming that he's been robbed.
"I'm telling you people, he was a tall man with brown hair. The one who finds him will be rewarded!"
The news soon spreaded all over the little village. There's nowhere you can go, only hide for the next few minutes. After an hour, you return to the blacksmith and receive the copper bolts. You head to the hidden lever and repair the wooden framework. You hear someone coming when you're about to pull the lever. There's no time to hide yourself and camouflage the lever. The blacksmith (!) appears out of the woods who apparently followed you.
"There's a price on your head, pal. And it looks like you found the ancient lever. Oh! The years I've spent on finding this lever. And finally, justice! I must thank you, boy. Without you, this would've never happened. But now it's time for me to claim what's mine!"
The blacksmith grins maliciously.

Conclusion: A fight between you and the blacksmith for the treasure containing X gold. If you win the fight, you can either go back to the village and pay the merchant in gold - hoping he will forgive you and bring an end to the hunting party - or keep all of the gold and pray they'll never find you (but they will eventually ).
Note: Players can abandon this quest any time they want. The consequences by finishing this quest can be disastrous. How big is your thirst for gold?

I hope you enjoyed it

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]

[This message has been edited by Lewonas (edited 06-10-2010 @ 09:43 AM).]

Kai Hirogashi
Mortal
posted 10 June 2010 03:05 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
You guys these are awesome! Keep them comming!

My email is:

kai_is_dreaming@hotmail.com

|MEMORY|
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames