You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Future Showcase Question?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Future Showcase Question?
DaedricSparta
Mortal
posted 15 June 2010 05:20 PM EDT (US)         
sorry for the stupid question, but ive been hard at work at a RPG (Elder Scrolls Project). Eventually I will release a showcase and trailer cinematic (probably not for a long time, because its taken me over a month and Im still not fully compelted with the first scenario).
Im just wanting to learn how to use, what I believe is BB code on how people make these really interesting showcases.
Thanks guys.

What is ESP(Elder Scrolls Project)?
It is a highly advanced rpg played on the AOM engine, compeltely designed by me with hundreds, and even thousands of triggers per scenario.
Over 1000 different character combinations.
The RPG is based in the Elder Scrolls universe of Tamerial (the game will make much more sense to people who have played Morrowind are Oblivion)
You will level up, have free roam ability, countless side quests, it will take you through nearly all the lands of Tamerial with a twisting storyline, and you will ultimatly decide the fate of Tamerial.
If you want updates on the project, please email me at rollltide44@yahoo.com with ESP as topic and ill keep you updated.

Update on Elder Scrolls Project (if you care):
Ive finished a beta version of the first scenario. Im adding things, and it is being playtested strictly on everying. Eyecandy, story, etc...
Im in the middle of writing the script for the second map.That map will be 1000x1000.

@EVERYONE- MORE PLAYTESTERS NEEDED!

[This message has been edited by DaedricSparta (edited 06-15-2010 @ 06:05 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Myles_Kennedy
Mortal
(id: Jack D P)
posted 15 June 2010 05:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Don't worry about the scenarios taking a long time. Oscar's, the Lost Legion took almost 6 months I believe.

As for showcases, yes BBcode can be effective, but most people mix it in with HTML code. You know, tables, titles and a few other simple things.

Use Yeeb's guide to showcasing, it is really handy for a newbie to showcases.

Hope that helps,
Jack

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
WinstonShnozwick
Mortal
posted 15 June 2010 05:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Sounds Cool, will be a good project when its done, take your time. Although that size of map is scary, dont know long that would take.

Think this is what you are looking for.
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,28193,,all

fffff you beat me jack

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.

[This message has been edited by WinstonShnozwick (edited 06-15-2010 @ 05:39 PM).]

DaedricSparta
Mortal
posted 15 June 2010 05:48 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
@Jack
Yeah, all together mine has taken 5 months, but most of that was down time, and not actually designing the game.
It could take over a year for this project to be finished.

@Winston
The reason for the overly large mapsize, is im not sure youve played Bethesda ES games before, but I, taking people thorugh all the countries of the land, for example...
The second scenario your still playing as a child (as the first scenario aswell) so there is no character customization till either the end of the second scenario or the begining of the third.
But the 2nd scenario is basically a huge introduction to your first country. And to fully get the feel of a Elder SCrolls RPG, you need a uge open world environment to explore with plenty of thigns to do and side quests.

@everyone
And if theres anybody else who wants to playtest aswell, it does come with a few perks, like playing the game before anyone else for example.I would like more than one eprson playtesting like I have now.
Myles_Kennedy
Mortal
(id: Jack D P)
posted 15 June 2010 05:58 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
No problem, hope you can finish your project.

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
Fluttershy
Mortal
(id: Freaky2)
posted 15 June 2010 08:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Use Yeeb's guide to showcasing, it is really handy for a newbie to showcases.
Kind of obnoxious how when I mouse over the text it becomes bright blue and underlined.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
Tasterix
Mortal
posted 15 June 2010 08:24 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Wow... Ha ! Ha ! I made a Showcase and never heard of that Yeba's topic helping xD

I think you can do your own Showcase if you know how to use BBCode (which is really simple to learn... Seriously, this is almost the easiest "computer language" used on the internet). Likewise, try to put some images in the Showcase.

By the way, 1000 x 1000 sized map. Seriously ? Madman... Mad... Good luck for it I hope you will do these huge mushrooms and the famous blue-lightning wall in the middle of Morrowind Island. And, how comes... Are you really sure you're talking about Tamriel which is totally different to Cyrodiil or Vvardenfell ?

@ Jack D P : Now I know why my Scenarios suck ! It takes me only a few weeks to make them, less than one month. Wow... I should think about it... 6 months ... O.o
DaedricSparta
Mortal
posted 16 June 2010 00:34 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
@Tasterix
Yeah im talking about Tamerial. No just simply Cyrodiil and Morrowind. The first two scenarios, for example, are played in Valenwood province.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames