You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Work in Progress - Delta Dominance
Bottom
Topic Subject:Work in Progress - Delta Dominance
MasterBeef
Mortal
posted 16 June 2010 03:28 PM EDT (US)         
DELTA DOMINANCE

Map By MasterBeef

Delta Dominance is a strategy map that takes place near a massive river delta which supports a fertile area of marshy land that has been settled by nearby people.

But who said they were friendly? You take control of a village that has been isolated from the outside world by the sudden immigration of hostile savages that attack rival tribes (and you) on sight. You must establish a military force in the vicinity and take key points in the delta to solidify your control of the region and allow you to break through the jungle around you. Delta Dominance requires you to use quick thinking and make split-second decisions to fend off the horde of primitive warriors that prevent you from expanding. Attacks from these peoples are rough and relentless... and without warning.

In order to survive, you must make alliances with nearby villages and establish trade agreements to aquire much-needed resources to fuel your military growth. You will also need to ask around the nearby towns, visiting oracles and city mayors to keep knowledgable of the situation.

This scenario offers the following:

• Decent eyecandy
  • Interesting Gameplay (Classic AoM, but with bent rules, objectives, and unit properties.)
  • Fast-Paced (Attacks are frequent and random, with little warning)
  • Night-Day Cycle
  • Weather (Rainstorms, tornadoes, etc.)
  • Dry Season\Wet Season (Effects agriculture, weather, and sea trade)
  • Singleplayer
  • Trading and Diplomacy Sytems (One ally may have to be traded for another)
  • Achievements, minigames, and final statistics (Will explain later when the scenario is complete)

Completed Areas

• The docks, a trade hub in the city closest to you, and the largest on the map. The people who own the docks are the first you befriend and are some of your most valuable allies. They have made an alliance with a nearby tribe, and you might be able to placate them with the help of the city that owns the docks, making them and invaluable ally.

I'll post more screens as I go along. (Remember, its a WIP )

Information Resources

• Oracles tell the near future for a moderate sum of gold. However, this gold may be put to better use preparing for a foreshadowed event rather than consulting and oracle to back up your suspicions. The information they give you may also be false, and some oracles are totally unreliable. But what if her foresight is true? It could be the difference between victory and defeat...

• The Mayors of the nearby cities provide reliable information that can be aquired for free. Not all mayors are compliant, and the hostile ones will not respond at all. Allied mayors can share military information with you and give you resources to help establish a city, but will also expect the same. You must give mayors the resources they ask for, or your relationship will deteriorate, and alliances could be diminished. It is important to keep as many allies as you can. In the long run, it will prove vital to your success.

Wow. I cannot believe it. Sorry folks, I was having technical difficulties and a crapton of schoolwork, so I couldn't update in the longest time. I have a brand-new PC now and I'm ready to continue work on the scenario!

• You should be mah freidn!

Novice modder and experienced scenario designer.
    MasterBeef

[This message has been edited by MasterBeef (edited 01-21-2011 @ 07:17 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    TheDeadOne
    Mortal
    posted 16 June 2010 03:34 PM EDT (US)     1 / 19       
    Looks good! Waiting for more information!
    WinstonShnozwick
    Mortal
    posted 16 June 2010 03:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 19       
    Very impressive. I like it that we are getting a lot of new people with talent making projects. Keep it up, hope you finish soon.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
    Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
    Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
    6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
    MasterBeef
    Mortal
    posted 16 June 2010 03:48 PM EDT (US)     3 / 19       
    Thanks for the feedback. As a matter of fact I'm working on it right now and expect to be finished within a week or two.

You should be mah freidn!

MasterBeef

[This message has been edited by MasterBeef (edited 06-16-2010 @ 03:49 PM).]

Veldo777
    Mortal
    posted 16 June 2010 04:01 PM EDT (US)     4 / 19       
    This looks good. When you release it and I get my hands on it, I'll never give those filthy Oracles money...

Current scenarios working on:
    104th SOAP, Plants vs. Zombies (paused), Sovothym RPG
    Scenario guarantee: I will NEVER include foul language in my games. AoM is a T rated game, for violence. Let's keep it that way.
    pBiggZ
    Mortal
    (id: P_J_B)
    posted 16 June 2010 04:44 PM EDT (US)     5 / 19       
    just a suggestion, people do take time for their projects. My biggest project "infamous" has been in the making for about a year now.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
    MasterBeef
    Mortal
    posted 16 June 2010 05:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19       
    I know, but what I meant was that I want to release a demo or a playtest-able version within 2-3 weeks or so that I can figure out what I need to improve. (It's only 2 weeks in the making btw)

MasterBeef
    THYMOLE
    Mortal
    posted 16 June 2010 07:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19       
    I commend you on your nickname of lordly caliber

scenario looks nice too
    Myles_Kennedy
    Mortal
    (id: Jack D P)
    posted 16 June 2010 10:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19       
    Masterbeef is back!

Where did you go, I was so worried .

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
    MasterBeef
    Mortal
    posted 17 June 2010 09:12 AM EDT (US)     9 / 19       
    My leave was unannounced because my computer broke, and I hadn't the money to buy a new one. Now that I have my new computer, I decided to slap Age of Mythology back on and get to work.

MasterBeef
    Guard of Olympus
    Mortal
    posted 18 June 2010 05:58 AM EDT (US)     10 / 19       
    Looking good, good luck!

~Guard of Olympus ~
    Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
    Kai Hirogashi
    Mortal
    posted 19 June 2010 07:56 AM EDT (US)     11 / 19       
    Hey MB! Long time no see man! Glad to see you are designing again!

|MEMORY|
    DaedricSparta
    Mortal
    posted 19 June 2010 11:46 AM EDT (US)     12 / 19       
    Looks interesting, but a two week projectman? Im working on a Elder Scrolls RPG and im not even finished with the first scenario and its been about 4 months.
    A litte hint, find some playtetsers instead of uploading it for everyone to playtest, because likely if it completely bombs during the playtest version- people might not feel like downloading the updated version.

Currently Designing Elder Scrolls Project (ESP) 12% Complete
    1000+ character combinations,Vast Open World Environments,Twisting Story,All on the AOM engine.
    Release date is unknown.Small breaks are being taken to prevent loss of interest due to overwhelming designing.
    MasterBeef
    Mortal
    posted 19 June 2010 07:35 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19       
    @DaedricSparta: Thanks. I'll update the thread soon so that I can get some volunteers for playtesting. I'll put my email so the playtesters can contact me.

@Kai: Nice to see you too. It's been way too long since I've played this game, and now that I'm back I plan to get into modding and scenario design a bit more.

MasterBeef
    Myles_Kennedy
    Mortal
    (id: Jack D P)
    posted 20 June 2010 04:25 AM EDT (US)     14 / 19       
    Daedric, Masterbeef does have some experience you know. He has been around longer then you have.

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 20 June 2010 06:17 AM EDT (US)     15 / 19       
    Time spent on a scenario is by no means an indicator of quality. I made my AOM Rick Roll in about a week, and by the looks of it small scenarios are becoming quite popular amongst designers. These small scenarios don't take much time to do.

(And why do I keep thinking I've posted in all these showcases when i haven't ?)
    I really like your screenshots Beef and your building and environment eyecandy is pretty attractive. A good showcase, and it looks like you've also got some nice features in this.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    MasterBeef
    Mortal
    posted 20 June 2010 08:20 AM EDT (US)     16 / 19       
    @Yeeb: Thanks. The positive feedback people are giving me really helps .

Also, I'll be updating the thread in a little bit. (completed 1/3 main islands)

MasterBeef
    Milkman Matty
    Mortal
    (id: Khan And Steak)
    posted 21 June 2010 03:40 AM EDT (US)     17 / 19       
    Wow, this looks awesome. Any idea when it'll be released? ~ Steak

<||=================================||>
    Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
    96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
    { "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    DaedricSparta
    Mortal
    posted 21 June 2010 03:30 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19       
    My bad, I knew masterbeef had more expierience than I.
    Im sorry masterbeef if it came across that way, im just making sure you know a better playtesting method.
    Ill playtest if you want?

Currently Designing Elder Scrolls Project (ESP) 12% Complete
    1000+ character combinations,Vast Open World Environments,Twisting Story,All on the AOM engine.
    Release date is unknown.Small breaks are being taken to prevent loss of interest due to overwhelming designing.

[This message has been edited by DaedricSparta (edited 06-22-2010 @ 08:59 PM).]

MasterBeef
    Mortal
    posted 22 June 2010 10:40 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19       
    @ Steak: Thanks. Should be done in a month or so.

@ Daedric: S'okay and you may playtest after I return from my 2 week trip to Utah . I'll update the thread then with my email and the sort.

Sorry y'all for the delay... It's been a busy few days, and the Utah trip isn't making it any less hectic.

MasterBeef
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames