Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » New Custom Triggers
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Custom Triggers
WinstonShnozwick
Mortal
posted 30 June 2010 12:26 PM EDT (US)         
Gahh, people have wanted some of my effects for a while, and I never let them become availible to the general public. So here they are everyone. Ill include a download in the downloads section as well. I've made near 30, a few were taken out due to ah, uselessness. ;P Anyway, there are some major ones here that are new, not made before, that I reccommend, greatly helpful.

Conditions;
  • always didnt make that one
  • QV Tool Condition <-- Basically condenses quest var check and compare into one searching condition, that allows many more possibilities.

Effects;
  • Clear Chats <-- What there is one already? No, the games chat clear effect deletes the history to get rid of the text. This scrolls pages down to get rid of the chats on screen, but keeps the chat history so you may need to see it again.
  • Fire Event Quest Var <-- Choose a qv name, and then 3 numbers it may be and the triggers that will be fired if that qv equals that number.
  • Grant/Invoke God Powers(s) <-- You choose a player, god power, number of invokes, and select unit (s) for the target spots, may use cinematic blocks. It takes care of the whole needing to grant thing. And works for human player. Atlantean gp's recharge thing is still an issue. But quite helpful, with multiple uses of a gp.
  • Group Control <-- This is a simple to use setup effect for making rpg hotkeys. Does the whole thing, select the unit and makes a group. It can work multiple ways with groups, you'll see.
  • Player Change Random <-- This was discovered a while ago, and triggerers rushed to make their own (perp). I made this when the effect became known. You can change which player you play as during the game, an effect previously thought impossible.
  • QV Tool Effect <-- Basically crams qv set, modify, modify2 all into one. Quite handy. You have much more control over a qv with this. In a looping trigger is where it really shows its worth.
  • Resize Unit <-- This is completely new, hasn't been made before. You can resize a unit in game with this. Can make for some very cool effects. Bigger/smaller, sizing time in MS, stop selection sound.

Those are some of the best I've made. There are many more, including the various PC effects. Heres one, to show you what they are like.
    <Effect name="PC Unit(s) Create At Protounit">
    <Param name="PlayerID" dispName="Object Player" varType="float">0</Param>
    <Param name="Object" dispName="Object Protounit" varType="protounit">Villager</Param>
    <Param name="Condition" dispName="Object Alive/Dead" varType="bool">true</Param>
    <Param name="Target" dispName="Target Protounit" varType="protounit">Villager</Param>
    <Param name="PlayerID2" dispName="Target Player" varType="float">0</Param>
    <Param name="Heading" dispName="Target Heading" varType="float">0</Param>
    <Param name="Number" dispName="Target Amount" varType="float">0</Param>
    <Command>for(Qid=1;>0) {}</Command>
    <Command>xsSetContextPlayer(%PlayerID%);</Command>
    <Command>kbLookAtAllUnitsOnMap();</Command>
    <Command>Qid=kbUnitQueryCreate("QueryProtounit");</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQuerySetPlayerID(Qid, %PlayerID%, true);</Command>
    <Command>kbUnitQuerySetUnitType(Qid, kbGetProtoUnitID("%Object%"));</Command>
    <Command>if(%Condition%==true)kbUnitQuerySetState(Qid, 2);</Command>
    <Command>else kbUnitQuerySetState(Qid, 4);</Command>
    <Command>for(i=kbUnitQueryExecute(Qid)-1;>-1){</Command>
    <Command>for (j = %Number%;>0){</Command>
    <Command>trUnitCreate("%Target%", "default", xsVectorGetX(kbUnitGetPosition(kbUnitQueryGetResult(Qid, i))),xsVectorGetY(kbUnitGetPosition
    (kbUnitQueryGetResult(Qid, i))),xsVectorGetZ(kbUnitGetPosition(kbUnitQueryGetResult(Qid, i))), %Heading%, %PlayerID2%);}}</Command>
    </Effect>
    That there was a gem in helping me make a scenario. It's great for making cool effects. In all my PC effects, the object is the unit that you are doing the effects on, and the target is the effect parts. Much thanks to HailtotheOboe, he helped me get a hang on scripting, and corrected my triggers many times.

DOWNLOAD

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
    Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
    Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
    6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
  • AuthorReplies:
    HailToTheOboe
    Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
    posted 30 June 2010 10:59 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
    Submission still being reviewed.... we don't have to wait for yeebagoon to finish his vacation do we?
    Resize Unit <-- This is completely new, hasn't been made before. You can resize a unit in game with this. Can make for some very cool effects. Bigger/smaller, sizing time in MS, stop selection sound.
    nitpick: it was possible before with multiple effects, but your way should certainly be much easier.

Do you know if all the triggers are multiplayer compatible, or if not all, which ones aren't?

I've gotten into the habit of putting SP tags at the end of the name when I make triggers that won't work in multiplayer, and it'll probably save some time for other people using your triggers.
    WinstonShnozwick
    Mortal
    posted 30 June 2010 11:49 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
    Haha, dont know dang it. I dont multiplayer design, so I have no idea about all the issues with multiplayer crashes and such. You could check the codes when the download finishes submission. I'm proficient at coding, but knowing the ins and outs of how it works I don't know.

Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 01 July 2010 10:21 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=9590

There you go .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    lostrozzacavalli
    Mortal
    posted 01 July 2010 10:45 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
    I thought these belonged to CASTWCRT... but well, your choice .

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
    RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
    Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
    Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
    WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
    My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
    WinstonShnozwick
    Mortal
    posted 01 July 2010 05:46 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
    Ah thank you yeeb.

@ Lostrazz - Yeah I tried at first but then lost my triggers, went for time without them, people started asking for some, so I figured I needed to just release em.

nottud
    Mortal
    posted 02 July 2010 10:30 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
    They sound multiplayer compatible except the size changing effect. I bet it uses the resize command key which you use in the editor to work and I know that does not work for multiplayer. If you want to create large utnsi on multiplayer you will have to stick to the god pwoer and transform trick.

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames