Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Trigger Question
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Trigger Question
TheHitmann
Mortal
posted 30 June 2010 11:46 PM EDT (US)         
Ok, i have a problem. I'm making a RPG called the Titan Slayers Saga, and it upgrades your main characters everytime you kill a boss or a hidden creature. And offline it works perfectly. But online, almost all of those triggers automatically happen as soon as it starts. It also brings up an error message at the start, but I can't remember what it said. Can anyone help?
AuthorReplies:
pBiggZ
Mortal
(id: P_J_B)
posted 01 July 2010 01:41 AM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
In the future please use the Question Thread marked in red stuck to the top of the forum.

As for your question im afraid I cant help you with the information you have given me, and i doubt anyone else can help with this little information. In order to help i need to see the conditions and effects of the triggers related to the issue, however, i can guess from the nature of the issue, that this is a problem with your conditions. Make sure your conditions are set up properly. If that still doesn't work, just do what i mentioned above.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
lostrozzacavalli
Mortal
posted 01 July 2010 04:15 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
If it's the infamous message Out of Syncronization then you most probably used a condition that cause this problem online and therefor can't be used. The most common are:
Chat Contains
Unit (type) selected

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
TheHitmann
Mortal
posted 01 July 2010 11:06 AM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
first of all I though I did put it in the question forum, but then again I just joined AoM Heaven. The conditions are simply IS dead and Army is dead. One of the triggers with Is dead doesnt automaticaly happen, but the other 5 do. I looked them over their all either is dead or army is dead and they all have the units sourced right.
lostrozzacavalli
Mortal
posted 01 July 2010 11:13 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
Can you send me the scenario (my email is scacchisti@gmail.com) so I can have a look and try to fix it?

My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
TheHitmann
Mortal
posted 01 July 2010 11:18 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
ok I will but I'm kinda new to doing scenrarios so I don't know how to email them. (Feels stupid)

My signature really sucks...
lostrozzacavalli
Mortal
posted 01 July 2010 11:28 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
Don't worry; you'll find your scenario in the folder:
C:\Users\youruser\Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Scenario
Or use window search function and copy it on the desktop.

TheHitmann
Mortal
posted 01 July 2010 11:48 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
Ok i sent it, my email is tristansroom@netzero.net

My real email is comcast, but I use that one to keep it from getting spammed up haha.

THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 01 July 2010 01:07 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
You're a bit confused with the terms here.

You posted in the Scenario Design Forum, which is correct. But youmade your own thread, which is bad. In the future just post a reply in my big, bold, red question thread at the top of the forum so we don't clutter the forum with single question threads
lostrozzacavalli
Mortal
posted 01 July 2010 01:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
I had a look on the scenario and I couldn't see anything wrong. Then I tried it online and I saw the error which is a XS one.. Probably you messed up with AI or something, I can't really help you, sorry.

HailToTheOboe
Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
posted 01 July 2010 01:31 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
Sounds like you're trying to use the wrong file for AI.

In player data, if you do choose an AI for the computer players, you should choose either
aomdefaultai.xs
aomxdefaultai.xs

Most of the other ones will give errors because they are not complete AIs on their own or will only work for the campaign scenarios they are from.
TheHitmann
Mortal
posted 01 July 2010 01:48 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
OK
1. I apologize for making a new topic I thought I was just making it in the questions section.
2. I tried the AI idea, and the error message came up again.
It said
00:00:00 (0): XS Error 0003: could not compile file 'AI2\AoM Xailoader balanced. XS'.

[This message has been edited by TheHitmann (edited 07-01-2010 @ 02:07 PM).]

SavingSyncError
Mortal
posted 01 July 2010 07:27 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
Why hello there Mr. Hitmann. I just looked at your map and messed around with the triggers a bit. Since none of your armies were deployed during the game, the "Army Is Dead" condition was pointless in many cases. So, I changed a couple to "Is dead" and got rid of the effect happening where it says that the hell creature died. I also checked the 'Run immediately' box. I'm betting that if you do this to all of them, it will work. But, I didn't do it to all of them, so I don't know if it will get rid of the error message.
TheHitmann
Mortal
posted 01 July 2010 09:55 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
Ok it worked except the error message didn't disapear, thanks sync.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames