You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » trigger activate only once at start
Bottom
Topic Subject:trigger activate only once at start
meatmaster46
Mortal
posted 22 July 2018 09:24 AM EDT (US)         
hello,

i made a custom scenario with the trigger reveal map. players are able to look at the map and pick a spot to start building.
but when people build towncenters it is visable on the map so everyone knows where everyone is.
i dont want this so i thought i could activate this trigger only once at the start so the towncenters dont update (unless you scout). but there doesnt seem to be a condition for this.
is there any workaround?
AuthorReplies:
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 22 July 2018 09:47 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
Nah, the update of the TC doppled (the units clone you can see in the fog of war) is a protox defined part of the settlement unit. They have the "MutateDopples" flag.

Scenarios like "World Map" reveal first and place the settlements after that. But that doesn't exactly show the players where the settlements are, except for the terrain.

What you can do to avoid players know each others TCs is to reveal the map, but after 1 minute or so (some time before the 1st TC is completed) trigger "Player Reset Blackmap" so that you cover everything not by the FoW but make it unexplored black again.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames