You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Aom is dead and we killed it
Bottom
Topic Subject:Aom is dead and we killed it
damaskditager
Mortal
posted 12 October 2018 01:21 PM EDT (US)         
I can't understand why does this game have so few or passive fans. This game is so old, but it's one of the best game I've ever played. First time I played this game, I was about 12 Y.o and now I'm 22, still can't stop playing this. Whenever I start playing another games, I easily get bored and delete it. I don't like modern games. Don't know which else to play. I'm looking here for a Single RPG Scenarios. These were very good: "Brave Sword", "Son of Ares", "Island Adventure". I used to make Single Player RPG adventure scenario, I took a lot of ideas from other RPG scenarios. I wanted to make 1000x1000 map, It took me a very long time (Maybe month) for adding triggers and decorating map and I accidentally removed it. Goddamnit.

[This message has been edited by damaskditager (edited 10-18-2018 @ 09:37 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 12 October 2018 01:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 21       
I can't understand why does this game have so few or passive fans.
hmm...
This game is so old,
Looks like you answered that one.
but it's one of the best game I've ever played.
Agreed.
First time I played this game, I was about 12 Y.o and now I'm 22,
So the first time you played it was in 2008. I was there in 2002.
still can't stop playing this.
I refuse to believe you haven't slept in 10 years. Pure hyperbole.
Whenever I start playing another games, I easily get bored and delete it.
Just make sure you get a refund too.
I don't like modern games. Don't know which else to play.
I don't know Slay the Spire managed to combine rogue likes & deck builders pretty well, the future ain't that bad.
I'm looking here for a Single RPG Scenarios. These were very good: "Brave Sword", "Son of Ares", "Island Adventure".
You want the download section not the forum.
I used to make Single Player RPG adventure scenario, I took a lot of ideas from other RPG scenarios.
So did I.
I wanted to make 1000x1000 map, It took me a very long time (Maybe month) for adding triggers and decorating map
Nice.
and I accidentally removed it. Goddamnit
Ouch.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
damaskditager
Mortal
posted 12 October 2018 02:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 21       
1) I can't speak English well and I'm very sorry about it
2) "This game is so old" isn't answer, maybe you have a very low IQ to understand what I'm trying to say, or you don't want to...
3) If you don't like what I'm saying, you can just ignore it, you don't have to be a sarcastic bitch.

[This message has been edited by damaskditager (edited 10-12-2018 @ 02:23 PM).]

Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 12 October 2018 02:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 21       
1- you speak English very well.
2- I mean it kind of is. The Ring of Brodgar is really old and barely anyone turns up anymore. Lazy druids. Things like the product life cycle effect everything. Time wins eventually.
3- I do like what you're saying! I mean I helped. I pointed you in the direction of the downloads section. I showed sympathy to the files being deleted. I agreed with several of your points.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 12 October 2018 03:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 21       
1. why r we talking in bullet points
2. overpopulation can keep the product alive we just need to produce more offsprings _
3. 1kx1k map rip
4. do u play online rpgs too? or watch yt or twitch?

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb
damaskditager
Mortal
posted 12 October 2018 03:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 21       
Online rpgs? Never played, to say truth, I'm very bad and weak at online games . I watch this guy sometimes https://www.youtube.com/user/StrategyGameVideos

I created mod that can be used in single player RPG scenarios. Just look at this, it changes texture and shields at Tech Status: Medium / Heavy / Champion. Techs doesn't give him stats, because he isn't infantry or hero, it just changes its texture .

https://i.imgur.com/ATvFsWx.jpg

1) You collect gold
2) You upgrade armor with blacksmith (Set tech changes you texture and shield, no need to change unit type) + Modify protounit
3) You go forward to collect more gold for next upgrade + doing some quests

[This message has been edited by damaskditager (edited 10-12-2018 @ 03:43 PM).]

Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 14 October 2018 05:55 PM EDT (US)     6 / 21       
I agree with many of your points, I've been here since '09, but I've been playing for many more years than that would imply.

I've made many single player maps and you're welcome to try them.

Why do so few people play this game?
I'll tell you.
PHONES.
No one likes to sit down at a PC anymore. Computers that play the old games are old, and don't work so well anymore. Consoles rule gaming now, but are quickly losing ground to mobile devices because people don't like committing to anything. They download a game spend a bunch of money to improve their character until they're OP, and then they lose interest because there's no challenge. After that, they move onto a new game.

AOM is an old style game.

Nowadays, even PC and console games are made quickly, released early, and patched later.

You pay $60 here in the U.S. for a new console game, three months later you pay another fifteen for the first DLC, and then three to four months later, another ten to fifteen for more DLC when it comes out... and next thing you know, you've spent a hundred dollars for a game you can't play in six years when the new console is released.

Old games weren't like that.

People love updates these days.
So people like me who can't afford new games, and dislike updating everything all the time, still play the old games. Age of Mythology, Age of Wonders, Dragon Age: Origins... etc.

Just put my original XBOX in the shop to get the tray fixed so I can play HALO2 again.

Would you do that?
damaskditager
Mortal
posted 16 October 2018 02:40 AM EDT (US)     7 / 21       
Hammerhands I agree with you, but I really don't like modern games If I could efford, I wouldn't buy it either. I only play: AOM, GBR III, AQ(used to), L2, Dota2.

I also don't like AOE, but it has a lot more fans than AOM .... There are a lot of AOE servers in Voobly.

[This message has been edited by damaskditager (edited 10-18-2018 @ 09:28 AM).]

Birkaland
Mortal
posted 16 October 2018 04:52 AM EDT (US)     8 / 21       
It's not dead AOM has always had 10 times smaller playerbase than AOE2, nothing has been changed. The polulation numbers on Earth are growing less quickly than the numbers of PC games. It's natural that this game will be abandoned one day and new ones will emerge. Just see AOE1 Definitive Edition. It's much less popular than it was in 1998.
damaskditager
Mortal
posted 16 October 2018 09:11 AM EDT (US)     9 / 21       
Birkaland yes, it's dead. Look at old files uploaded on this site and frequency of their "Downloads", then upload anything you want and you'll see ...
No downloads, no comments, no person (((((((
No matter how old is this game, it keeps on evolving.
Anraheir
Mortal
posted 17 October 2018 08:23 AM EDT (US)     10 / 21       
It's not dead bro. There is still a loyal and active fan base (I myself am working on a YouTube cinematic).

AOMH has plenty of material to entertain you for a long time. True, activity may have waned - as it naturally would for any game - but it's not completely gone.
damaskditager
Mortal
posted 17 October 2018 12:03 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21       
Anraheir how can I find you on youtube?
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 17 October 2018 08:23 PM EDT (US)     12 / 21       
https://www.youtube.com/user/Anraheir

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
Anraheir
Mortal
posted 17 October 2018 08:46 PM EDT (US)     13 / 21       
That was easy.

"Blunt do I make my enemy's blade, nor bites his sword or staff"
- The Poetic Edda
XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 18 October 2018 05:55 AM EDT (US)     14 / 21       
thank you anon, very cool!

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 21 October 2018 07:48 PM EDT (US)     15 / 21       
Personally I have always had trouble finishing projects. I'm a big fan of in depth stuff, and find it difficult to release simple projects.
My Castle scenarios are a good example.
I built the first, and copied it for the others.
Now a days I have a wife, a job, and less free time.
Also... other hobbies.

Because I can't embed the image for some reason...

[This message has been edited by Hammerhands (edited 10-21-2018 @ 08:26 PM).]

nottud
Mortal
posted 23 October 2018 07:45 AM EDT (US)     16 / 21       
Find me online in evening now and again hosting my latest crazy map. Still actively making maps (More than what I post here). Currently trying to balance a new tower defence with enemies coming into a central area. At the moment feels a bit on the hard side.
damaskditager
Mortal
posted 23 October 2018 10:35 AM EDT (US)     17 / 21       
Look at thoses downloads. Aom really used to have a lot of fans. It pains me.

https://i.imgur.com/8bOSSFi.png
phdorogers4
The Empire's Elite
posted 03 November 2018 10:17 PM EDT (US)     18 / 21       
Hey man, thanks for the shoutout on son of ares! I am making more RPG's as we speak, Arzonval : Uprising coming out by the end of the year hopefully on the Steam Workshop. AOM isn't dead it's just dormant, waiting to explode back onto the scene. Much love!
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 29 November 2018 11:46 PM EDT (US)     19 / 21       
What's with the ads posting inside the posting area?
Isn't that against the rules?
Where's the Ad police when you need them?
Someone should jail that ad.
There aught to be a law.
Won't someone do something?
nottud
Mortal
posted 30 November 2018 07:51 AM EDT (US)     20 / 21       
Yea I just got it too - then it disappeared when I refreshed. Seems to be on other threads with large number of posts.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 11-30-2018 @ 07:53 AM).]

relicradar
Mortal
posted 13 December 2018 12:15 PM EDT (US)     21 / 21       
Hi this is relicradar. I thought I had lost my login (lost my old hard disc with all the AOM stuff, and passwords of that time, the photobucket I used for AOM, the email as well) but yay, the first random login combination worked.

@ original poster, people also simply have different computers (like me) and can't run AOM anymore and have lost all their stuff - my installation was modified from start screen to waterbodies, editor as a whole, triggers, objects, whatnot, and life got in the way as well. I'm sorry for that but I haven't touched the game in years... even though I miss it a lot.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames