You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Hide Titans from the Minimap
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hide Titans from the Minimap
Adjudika12
Mortal
posted 08 January 2019 01:43 PM EDT (US)         
What the title says.

I have a map where some titans are final bosses, and I don't want the player to know where they are from the start of the scenario.

Is there a way to hide them in the minimap with triggers? Since the cammera is always on the main character it doesn't matter they're actually visible, I just don't want the big golden "T" to appear on the minimap.
AuthorReplies:
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 08 January 2019 02:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
I think the T is a protox flag, so there's no way to hide them from the minimap.

Things you can do however:
- Use a "Change Unit Type" effect to spawn Titans later into the map when the boss fight occurs
- Hide the whole minimap

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb
Adjudika12
Mortal
posted 08 January 2019 04:39 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Oh, that's very unfortunate because the Titans are scaled because there are different sizes for different levels, and also there is one of them that is placed in a spot where he can't move. Sometimes with the convert unit they get missplaced and the whole cinematic shots don't look as planned.

I guess I'll have to hide the minimap competely. I used the HIDE/SHOW minimap trigger after my inicial cinematic, but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 09 January 2019 02:39 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Maybe nottuds transform trigger would help you out here. With this you can change unit types and keep the resized size. I placed some animals of Set which I won't need for my map, resized them appropriately & transformed them into other units.

I thought the Hide Minimap would do the trick. I played once a scenario in which there was no minimap to be seen, but I haven't used this myself yet..

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb
nottud
Mortal
posted 09 January 2019 07:39 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Hiding minimap can be bypassed via the strategic map.

On a recent map I managed to hide a titan by providing it with 0 LOS and ensuring it is not an ally player. I had it in an escape where the hunter could pick units but the runners cannot see what units they can pick.

I can't remember if there was anything else I needed to do - will check when I get the chance if what I said above does not work.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 01-09-2019 @ 07:47 AM).]

Adjudika12
Mortal
posted 12 January 2019 01:21 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I decreased LOS qith a delta of -50 but it still shows on minimap, its not an ally player. On the contrary, its the enemy.
nottud
Mortal
posted 13 January 2019 03:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
I will investigate - will get back to you...

I've just tried and it worked for me - did you set the LOS low enough? Try delta -100.0.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 01-13-2019 @ 03:06 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames