You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Set tech status - khopesh swordsmen upgrades
Bottom
Topic Subject:Set tech status - khopesh swordsmen upgrades
xgrubsonx
Mortal
posted 14 January 2019 07:56 AM EDT (US)         
I have an issue with the editor.
Let's say I want to disable all upgrades for khopesh swordsmen in my scenario. Of course I would use a trigger, Set Tech Status, and I've tried, but miraculously these 3 techs are missing from the list in the tab. Even funnier, the list seemingly includes some, but not all TotD (which I do not own) techs, for example some Chinese god powers are there, while the Chinese unit line upgrades aren't.
I also wanted to disable the TotD patch units, I did it using the "Forbidden Units" tab and there was no problem, they are all listed.
Well, it's awful how much of a mess the EE still is.

So basically I need help with making medium, heavy and champion khopesh swordsmen upgrades unavailable to all players. I guess adding them to the list in the trigger menu would be the best solution, or creating a separate trigger for disabling just them. I can't script though so I have no idea on how to do any of this.

Any help appreciated.
AuthorReplies:
nottud
Mortal
posted 14 January 2019 02:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
It should be there somewhere - the list is generated from the ingame techs so will be there somewhere... It may just have a weird name...
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 14 January 2019 07:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
He mentioned he doesn't have the ToTD, and it sounds like because of that, the techs aren't there. But he wants to disable the upgrades for people that have the ToTD who are playing the game, If I understand.

I have the ToTD, and the techs are indeed there for me. It may (and I mean may) be possible to code it into the trigger, without the ToTD, but it's not something I would encourage. I suggest just buying the ToTD. The whole point of buying it is to give you access to these kinds of things. It's only 10 bucks.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
nottud
Mortal
posted 15 January 2019 07:32 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Ah yes sorry my bad - yes indeed it won't show the techs. If I switch my game into non TOTD mode all of the Tale of The Dragon stuff does not appear and if any triggers pointed to such entries they now appear blank.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames