You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » A Hero Has Fallen [Platformer]
Bottom
Topic Subject:A Hero Has Fallen [Platformer]
Nickonhawk
The Narrator
posted 29 January 2019 05:10 PM EDT (US)         
A Hero Has Fallen

So today I dug up and finished this platformer scenario. More of an experiment than an actual thing, but I made it look nice.
Apparently Zeno has an unruly jump while on my side it's smooth. But other than that it's cool. The clunky controls give it that Dark Souls vibe.

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
AuthorReplies:
nottud
Mortal
posted 30 January 2019 07:39 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Oooh sounds cools - I am pretty found of platformers so will have to try. Looks like it would have much better controls than trying to get minotaurs to throw you across pits.
nottud
Mortal
posted 05 February 2019 07:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Played and was pretty cool and generally well implemented. Using terrain to make the visible platforms was clever. The boss was fun and engaging.

A few things to consider:
(1)Maybe state what the coins do
(2)Boss should have health bar
(3)Make movement continuous when a key is pressed until release. This would probably be the number one thing I would change as that was what caused me the most frustration when playing.
(4)Make the music reply using a fire event (Either a double fire event or a fire event with a delegate call) - there would be a bit of a noticeable clip when the music restarted a little too early.
Nickonhawk
The Narrator
posted 05 February 2019 12:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Thanks a lot for the feedback.
I don't know about holding down a key in aom. I've tried many things but none worked well. The thing is, Zeno told me, that when a key is pressed and held down there is a delay before it starts looping the key, and this has to do with the operating system not with the game.

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
nottud
Mortal
posted 05 February 2019 09:13 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Is there a way to listen for key up? If so you can recording it is down until you get a key up.
Nickonhawk
The Narrator
posted 06 February 2019 05:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
The only thing I know is the Hotkey effect. (And the thing with the hero army for multiplayer.)

Youtube Channel
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
Barnack
Mortal
posted 11 February 2019 06:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
there's some keyboard movement scenario around, even a first person shooter, you might copy one of them
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames