You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Ginnungagap: Hel's scenario idea
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ginnungagap: Hel's scenario idea
Hel
Mortal
posted 20 September 2002 11:43 AM EDT (US)         
I've come up with a some great ideas for scenarios.
Tell me which one you like best and I'll make that one first. Please, don't steal my idea. And ES, if this sounds unrealisable, please tell

1. Ginnungagap

Story: at the beginning of the world, there were two realms, Muspelheim, land of Fire, and Niflheim, land of ice & mists. Between them was a big gap Ginnunagap. Out of Niflheim, there was a spring Hvergelmir that created eleven rivers. All poured into Ginnungagap and froze. One day, sparkles reached the frost formed by Niflheim and it began to melt. Out of that the first creature, Ymir the Frost Giant, emerged. The second creature was Audhumla, a cow whose milk fed Ymir's thirst. She licked from the ice and by that she freed Buri. He had a son Bor that mated with Bestla, a Giantess. They had 3 sons Odin, Vili and Vé. The Frost Giant Ymir begins to show cruel behaviour and you need to slay him and his maties with the help of Vili and Vé.

Map:
- This will be a map with a horizontal river in the middle which forms a quite small island where you'll start. It will contain a lot of cows (offspring of Audhumla ), but only some wood and some gold. You're going to be an Odin player (Great Hunt on gathered cows -> island swallowing from cows ).
- On the south of the river will be a part Muspelheim, the world of fire. A friendly Loki civ (Vili for the story) and a hostile Loki civilisation will be there and it will be bursting of relics and gold mines. However, these will be guarded by a bunch of Loki's Fire Giants.
- On the north of the river, there will be a part of Niflheim, world of ice. Two Thor players will be on this part of the map, of which one is your ally (Vé for the story) and one is your foe. This land will be full of settlements, animals and trees. However, these will be guarded by Frost Giants (Ymir's offspring). To make it fair and square, you'll have quite a lot Mountain Giants at your disposal.

* Goal: depends on which available in editor. Certainly crushing your opponent(s).

Well, do you like the sound of it or not? Do you have comment, ideas? Please tell. I'm also thinking of some other ideas, but these remain a secret. I wanted to share one.

My lover's charms are in a box beneath my bed. And piece by piece I'll cherish them until the end. Send me an angel to love, I need to feel a little piece of heaven. Send me an angel to love, I'm afraid I'll never get to heaven.

[This message has been edited by Hel (edited 09-20-2002 @ 11:44 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 20 September 2002 12:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
how about spreading the cows...
it will force the player to either use great hunt now for a few cows now or wait later untill he finds more cows and will have more cows later.

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
Hel
Mortal
posted 20 September 2002 12:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Yeah, maybe I'll put already some cows on the island, but will put them in a number where you need to get more to optimize the GP. Thanks, shelper.

My lover's charms are in a box beneath my bed. And piece by piece I'll cherish them until the end. Send me an angel to love, I need to feel a little piece of heaven. Send me an angel to love, I'm afraid I'll never get to heaven.
AmericanaThorFez
Mortal
posted 21 September 2002 10:17 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
I like.

(>" )>Proud Templar of the Flying Purple Hippo Clan! <("< )
::: FPH_Martin'sAward for the funniest lyrics:::
I ated the purple berries!They taste like buuuurning!~Ralph Wiggum~(8^(*)~Homer Simpson
"The sun?? Oh no! That's the hottest place on earth!"~Homer Simpson.
I came here to kick arse and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum!
Cruiser
Mortal
posted 22 September 2002 02:55 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Do you win by killing all the Frost Giants or what?

Want to see a cool trick? Press Alt+F4
It's always fun until someone gets hurt; then it's hilarious.
Cruiser, Cruiser, Cruiser, Cruiser, ES_Cruiser
Outlander
Mortal
posted 25 September 2002 11:59 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Sounds fine... good storyline.
Hel
Mortal
posted 26 September 2002 04:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Cruiser: if I have the possibilty to pick one Frost Giant (upgraded to a Frost Giant of Thrym) that'll play Ymir: yes.

If not, I'll put him near a settlement that you need to capture.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames