You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.No replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » An 8-player map size is too small for your scenario? There is an easy way to customize the map size to your liking
Bottom
Topic Subject:An 8-player map size is too small for your scenario? There is an easy way to customize the map size to your liking
Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 19 November 2002 02:26 AM EDT (US)         
As you all might have already knew, the map size cannot get much larger than 500x500 using the map-size tool in the Editor (boo!)

Luckily (maybe not), you can use a Random Map script to generate a blank map with the size you want to use for your scenario. I don't know much about scripting myself, but I did managed to script a blank map with the map size customized:

The script for this map is:

Quote:

// Main entry point for random map script
void main(void)
{

// Text
rmSetStatusText("",0.01);

// Set size.
rmSetMapSize(800, 400);

// Set up default water.
rmSetSeaLevel(0.0);

// Init map.
rmTerrainInitialize("SandC",);

// Text
rmSetStatusText("",1.0);

}

If you don't know how to script a blank Random Map, maybe you could ask someone who knows how to script and help you, or you could just copy the script I used. Where it says

Quote:

// Set size.
rmSetMapSize(800, 400);

change the numbers in the parentheses to customize the map size.

If you want the blank map to be map of grass, change the word "SandC" to "GrassA":

Quote:

// Init map.
rmTerrainInitialize("GrassA",);

P.S. You know those really tall cliffs from the campaign? I think those were generated by a random map script. I wish the Editor was a little more powerful so we don't need to touch the random map script to design. They're too complicated and not easy to mess around with.

[This message has been edited by Alexandergreat3 (edited 11-19-2002 @ 02:32 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames