You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Triggers won't work...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Triggers won't work...
Darkest_Knight
Mortal
posted 22 November 2002 06:59 PM EDT (US)         
Yes, I did look around to see if this had already been asked, but i didnt see it, though im sure it probably has.

Heres my problem: my triggers dont work. ill set them up, but when i play test it wont happen. for example:

trigger name: 1
condition: timer-1
effect: creat unit multi-player 1-(set location, varify with "go to location") unit-axeman--quanity-15.

then when i start it, 1 second goes by, 2, 10, a minute, and my axemen never appear.

also, when you start a new trigger, it starts with an "always" in condition and a "setidleprocess" in effect. are those important? do i need to keep/delete them? i have tried my above trigger with them and without them, no luck.

AuthorReplies:
DarkKnight_
Mortal
(id: PW_DarkKnight)
posted 22 November 2002 09:34 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Try about 5 seconds, many of my 1-second timer efeftc don't work. Also, I believe there is a bug with the create-mutli units.
Spitfire
HG Alumnus
(id: spitfire_23)
posted 23 November 2002 01:04 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
If I remember correctly, Create Unit Multi is one of the effects that doesn't work. Just look an Army Deploy or Create Object trigger.

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
Fire Giant
Mortal
posted 19 December 2002 08:10 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Well, I'll write it in here, because it seems to be like DK's problem:
If I place triggers on a new, empty scenario (NOT on the default map, I'm using an empty template), design something and make Triggers then, they sometimes just don't work. This happens mostly after 3 or 4 times of playtesting the scenario. The Triggers simply do not start, and I have to remove them all and put them in again.
Does anyone have the same problem ? (I searched in the forum, but didn't find anything which was exactly like my problem).
By the way, I have the German version of AoM.

Thanks for yout help !

Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 19 December 2002 04:41 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Hi Darkest Knight,

Death is right about the fact that the effect [Create Unit Multi. That effect doesn't function as it should. However, you can use the effect Army Deploy to achieve the same result (but it works ).

The Army editor might be a little confusing at first, but it is just simply a way to put "ID tags" on the units you create, so you can keep track of them after they're created. To use Army Deploy:

1) go to the Army Editor (under the trigger menu)
2) create a Ghost Army (name it accordingly so it can be found easier)
3) go back to your trigger, and where it asks for an army name, select the Ghost Army.
4) and then, just deploy whatever unit you wish.

-------------------------

Fire Giant,

you might want to try setting your active triggers' priority as High. When the priority is set as Normal, they don't fire when you want them to.

-Alex

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames