Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » RM Multiplayer Triggers
Bottom
Topic Subject:RM Multiplayer Triggers
TwentyOneScore
Mortal
posted 10 December 2002 01:57 PM EDT (US)         
How come triggers do not fire in a multiplayer random map? I was playing with some triggers and using them to drop god powers on random areas of the map, but they don't fire in multipler mode - just the SendChat seems to work.

Also, is there a way to generate a random number in a trigger? Say I wanted something to happen repeatedly on a timer, but in a random area of the map each time. Is this possible.

"Just invite him over for dinner. Turn him from an enemy into a friend. Then when he's least expecting, BAM! The old fork in the eye!" - M.S.
--
Member Tsunami Studios <<< Play TOS Maps - 9 Maps - Avg Rating: 4.67! >>>
AuthorReplies:
ak vie
Mortal
posted 10 December 2002 03:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       

Quote:

How come triggers do not fire in a multiplayer random map? I was playing with some triggers and using them to drop god powers on random areas of the map, but they don't fire in multipler mode

Only for clearance - trigger fire in multiplayer as well as in single player, but some(most ;-)) effects don't work in multiplayer (especially "Unit Create").
Oh, and most god powers usually need LOS to work. So this can be a problem, too.

Quote:

Also, is there a way to generate a random number in a trigger? Say I wanted something to happen repeatedly on a timer, but in a random area of the map each time. Is this possible.

If you create your triggers from RM-scripts, you can create the triggers by random, but in the existing trigger-system is no support for randomization.

[This message has been edited by ak vie (edited 12-10-2002 @ 04:45 PM).]

TwentyOneScore
Mortal
posted 10 December 2002 04:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
thanks - so that kinda suck that most effects are unavailable in multiplayer mode.

The God Powers requiring LOS clears up why the RM script I was looking at for pointers was first invoking the "Vision" god power before the "Meteor" god power so the second one could be invoked at all.

I guess for any really interesting multiplayer action you will need to create a scenario. I'm hoping to add a bit more complexity to the RM's - such as having resources guarded.

"Just invite him over for dinner. Turn him from an enemy into a friend. Then when he's least expecting, BAM! The old fork in the eye!" - M.S.
--
Member Tsunami Studios <<< Play TOS Maps - 9 Maps - Avg Rating: 4.67! >>>
ak vie
Mortal
posted 10 December 2002 04:59 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I initially planned to make some multiplayer scenarios with RMS and triggers. But most of the ideas I had, can't be done, because the multiplayer features are limited.
So now I'm looking for the effects that work with multiplayer and will design scenarios later, using the working features.
Ferrari_Warrior
Mortal
posted 10 December 2002 05:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
can you elaborate on this?

I have a map that has a trigger that will not fire online...it's acutally the Nomad cease fire trigger that IO cut and pasted...

is this a similar issue to what you are describing?

steef
Mortal
posted 15 December 2002 10:15 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Will they update the game so Unit Create will work?
Flammifer
Hero
posted 15 December 2002 12:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Yes, ceasefire nomad doesn't work in multiplayer on my nomad map either

However I've been pleasently surprise at what you can do with triggers in rms. Even if you don't have arrays to work with.

M0nTy PyTh0n
Mortal
posted 19 December 2002 10:31 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Why not using "Army Deploy" instead of "Unit Create"? This works even in multiplayer mode. The descritpion how to use the locations you will find here: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,9937,0,10

M0nTy_PyTh0n
RM Scripter - Utility Programmer - Music/Sound Composer/Creator
HYENA STUDIOS
Also on YouTube and MySpace
Partner of Tsunami Studios - Sound and Music Composer
All rights reserved.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames