You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Has anyone had success with the "Disable Trigger" effect?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Has anyone had success with the "Disable Trigger" effect?
EE Talon
Mortal
posted 15 December 2002 07:57 AM EDT (US)         
I havn't. I can't get it to do anything. I typed in the name of the trigger, and it does nothing. I put another effect in the trigger, so I know it is firing.

Talanos | AoM + AoE3H's former Unofficial Angel
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
FPH • MSNIT • talon@transalt.com
AuthorReplies:
Shadows
HG Angel
(id: shadows166)
posted 15 December 2002 08:12 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Works fine for me.

Just have to be sure to copy the trigger you wish to disable letter for letter. Including spaces, which are underscores.

Angel §hadow§••HG••Age of Mythology Heaven••
SHADOWMIND
••Episode One••4.4••Episode Three••4.8••Episode Four••4.6
THE SWALLOWED REALM ••Chapter One••4.6••Chapter Two••4.9••Chapter Three••4.6
•••Life Is Overrated•••
EE Talon
Mortal
posted 15 December 2002 08:25 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Hrm... You said spaces would be underscores... I have underscores in the trigger names (a good habit that I got from PHP); would I still use an underscore?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Talon Karrde
Mortal
posted 15 December 2002 11:16 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
yes

Bah.
Spitfire
HG Alumnus
(id: spitfire_23)
posted 15 December 2002 11:18 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Try opening up a blank map, creating a trigger named "A" with a looped message, wait for five and then disable it. If it doesn't work, you are doing something wrong. If it does work, you probably messed up the name of the other one.

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
EE Talon
Mortal
posted 16 December 2002 06:55 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I found out that it doesn't like underscores. It works fine with no space between the words in the name. Since I'm only disabling eight triggers, those have names with no underscores, and the rest still have underscores in the name. Thanks for the suggestions.

Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 17 December 2002 03:59 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
A looping trigger cannot be disabled by the standard way. The only way to disable an active, looping trigger is by turning off its condition. (If it doesn’t have a condition, then you must create one.)

For example: let’s say a looping trigger creates Heaven Light over a temple. You now want to stop the light. The only way to stop the trigger is by removing the condition.

Since this trigger doesn’t have one, you have to create one. Let’s have a priest in area as the condition.

Quote:

TRIGGER 1 (LOOP)

CONDITION: Unit in area __ Priest
EFFECT: Unit deploy __ Heaven Light

When you want the trigger to stop, remove the priest – it will effectively stop the trigger from firing. (After that, you might also want to completely turn off the active trigger by using the Disable trigger effect. Only then will it work =))

Quite a hassle to just do one little thing, I'd say . In Age of Kings, all it needed was just one simple Disable Trigger effect. Another bad thing about this effect in AoM is that you must type in the name correctly in order to disable a trigger. I wouldn't want to imagine doing a scenario with a couple hundred triggers and trying to find the correct name... . It was SO EASY in AOK, where you can just select from a drop-down list.

The more I mess around with the editor, the more I realize that the AoK/TC editor was much more polished and refined compared to AOM. I hope ES fix this problem as soon as their next patch.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames