You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Little bug with norse in the editor
Bottom
Topic Subject:Little bug with norse in the editor
1ArCHeR1
Mortal
posted 17 December 2002 10:41 PM EDT (US)         
I have a norse mining town in one of my scenario, and I wanted to put all the forges down for eye candy. I put an armory, and dwarven armory. I tested it as the town, and found out you could research each normal upgrade twice. This gives you a huge advantage. Just thought I'd share this. You can't ever do this in a real game, so that's why I posted this here.

"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun, than you can with just a kind word." -The Coolest New Yorker (Robert DeNiro)
<A><R>
AuthorReplies:
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 17 December 2002 11:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
It's not a bug.

The reasoning is that Thor's armory does not research armory technologies. Look at the techtree.xml file and you'll see. He has his own version of each technology - Bronze Weapons Thor, Copper Weapons Thor, Iron Weapons Thor. This was evidently the easiest way to implement his bonus.

If you wanted to artificially make units very powerful, you could use the set tech status trigger to research both Thor's armory techs and regular ones. Would look a little funny if you opened it up on the detailed help, but anyway.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.

[This message has been edited by TheShadowDawn (edited 12-17-2002 @ 11:24 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames