You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.48 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Maximus (Gladiator) unit
Bottom
Topic Subject:Maximus (Gladiator) unit
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
ra5946
Mortal
posted 04 January 2003 02:04 AM EDT (US)         
Almost done with this unit. Trying to add some get sounds to him. I thought I could get the armor and shield a little more detailed, but the textures are so small. His chest is only about 12 pixels wide. I'm working on his Norse and Egyptian counterparts. If you see something that needs to be improved, please reply.

http://www.geocities.com/kainkamots/maximus.jpg

[This message has been edited by ra5946 (edited 01-04-2003 @ 03:28 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
The King of Cheese
Mortal
posted 07 January 2003 10:18 AM EDT (US)     26 / 48       
Try taking a look at the Phoenix texture, it's semi-transparent :S
Zakthegreat
Mortal
posted 07 January 2003 10:35 AM EDT (US)     27 / 48       
THX for all the help it worked.
ED: nm my question i found out how now now i just need to play around to get some cool mods going.
THX again i really thinks its great of you to help all of us.

0 0 0
1st place in Norse Mythology Quiz (BrandNewCar's)(the hardest one of the 3)
Owner of 3D Studio Max
Loyal to Ensemble Studios
I am Loki
U.S.A., AOM, ES, HG RULE!!!!

[This message has been edited by Zakthegreat (edited 01-07-2003 @ 12:19 PM).]

Kallo Mahtar
Mortal
posted 07 January 2003 01:05 PM EDT (US)     28 / 48       
Ra the mod team Arcane Studios is wondering if you would like to join us to work on the AOM Middle Earth Mod our aim is to have a total/almost total conversion changing AOM into Middle Earth. Most of the concept is done and 3d models have already been started, your help texturing some of the new/original units would be greatly appreciated. The site is http://www.arcanestudios.net if you are interested then you can either contact me here, post at our forums or email me a kallo_mahtar@dr.com

Head of Arcane Studios
Project Leader Of The Middle Earth Mod
(Legends Of Middle Earth)

[This message has been edited by Kallo Mahtar (edited 01-07-2003 @ 01:37 PM).]

Ykkrosh
Mortal
posted 07 January 2003 03:22 PM EDT (US)     29 / 48       
All the DDTs contain the RGB data, and most contain an extra channel of data: often it's the alpha channel (black is transparent, white is solid), though sometimes models ignore this and display the texture solidly. But it also seems to be used for player-colours, defining which areas of the model change colour depending on who owns them. And some textures use the same channel for storing both pieces of data, with nothing to differentiate them other than the way it's used by a model.
See this nidhogg texture, which has an alpha channel for the wings and horns, but also marks a line of scales along its back which become coloured (I think) in the game and shouldn't be treated as transparency-related alpha. That's the main reason why AOMEd doesn't generate TGA output with an alpha channel.
Zakthegreat
Mortal
posted 07 January 2003 03:24 PM EDT (US)     30 / 48       
i love this new program, i made a unit with agamnons body and my face, now i got a army of me i love it. thx for helping.

Kallo, just a question but how do you use 3d moddles, because i am some what good with them (3ds max) and i would like to start them in AOM it would be nice if you could tell me how you did it. Better would be if you did it by e mail : jminette@csi.com thx

0 0 0
Owner of 3D Studio Max
I am Loki
ra5946
Mortal
posted 07 January 2003 07:45 PM EDT (US)     31 / 48       
Yeah, I tried to recreate the phoenix texture on other models and I could'nt get it to work. With Ykkrosh' newest verion of AOMed, I've put some models in 3DS max and there seems to be information on how opaque a certain map is.

Anyone know how they made the battle boar texture looks like it's reflecting?

Yannos
Mortal
posted 08 January 2003 07:31 AM EDT (US)     32 / 48       
Very nice Work RA
RoD_ReaVer
Mortal
posted 08 January 2003 12:08 PM EDT (US)     33 / 48       
Hey after u finish the gladiator, heres an idea try to make a griffen(the half lion half eagle if u didnt know). u can change the textures and add wings, that would be kool. i really wanna getinto this stuff, but i just am not good at reading the technikal thangs. i will try later, in a couple of years, if im still into this stuff. just try it. it would be kool.
Zakthegreat
Mortal
posted 08 January 2003 12:16 PM EDT (US)     34 / 48       
RA are you saying that you found how to get moddles in 3ds max? if yes would you tell me

0 0 0
Owner of 3D Studio Max
I am Loki
Ykkrosh
Mortal
posted 08 January 2003 01:52 PM EDT (US)     35 / 48       
ra5946
Mortal
posted 08 January 2003 06:44 PM EDT (US)     36 / 48       
Yeah, like Ykkrosh stated, that's the tool I used. I don't think it can convert back to .brg, yet. It's funny cause the first model I made was griffon. To keep things simple I just took parts from other models. I used the pegasus wings, the avenger head (scaled a bit larger) and the sphinx body. I will have to change the sphinx up a bit so it looks like he's flying through the air instead of walking. Who knows if this model will be able to convert or not, once Ykkrosh makes conversion possible. I'll work on making a little screen shot of it.
ra5946
Mortal
posted 08 January 2003 08:18 PM EDT (US)     37 / 48       
Here ya go. The textures currently on the model are just a simple render I did, they would not be the actual textures.

Zakthegreat
Mortal
posted 09 January 2003 09:59 AM EDT (US)     38 / 48       
oh now i get it i didnt know what the files were (brg) thx
I cant find how to convert the brg to 3dsmax file, i tryed coupple things but they gave me error messages (i read the how to on the site but didnt help me enough)

and i hope that they will work with Autodesk VIZ 4 (all it is is a new vertion of 3ds max) if not i will use gamx or 3ds max on other comp, do you know it if will?

0 0 0
Owner of 3D Studio Max
I am Loki

[This message has been edited by Zakthegreat (edited 01-09-2003 @ 10:46 AM).]

krysar
Mortal
posted 09 January 2003 01:28 PM EDT (US)     39 / 48       
Hmmm. How can you make new unit for game?

ESO: MysticR_Talos or sometimes: TTH_Talos_krysar Rating: 1710 +/-
~~AoM is No.1~~
Proud member of the Mystic clan.

Ykkrosh
Mortal
posted 09 January 2003 02:46 PM EDT (US)     40 / 48       
The 3DS files can be imported into almost any 3d program in existence, but they don't support animation and so I had to write a MAXScript to convert from the imported 3DS models - but MAXScript apparently works in 3ds max, gmax, and 3ds viz (though I've only tested the first two) so it shouldn't be a problem. (but viz is designed for architectural visualisations, so it's probably not good for modelling...)
If you want to use any other program, you'll have to find a way to perform the same conversion (joining the meshes Frame000, Frame001, etc into an animated mesh). But since gmax is free, it's probably one of the best options

But if you can't actually get AOMEd to convert the BRG files, that probably needs to be fixed... If you copy the exact error messages you get, I may be able to help (I hope )

Zakthegreat
Mortal
posted 09 January 2003 03:10 PM EDT (US)     41 / 48       
ok thx, but now to the problem first i need to know what goes in wich box like where the brg goes and where the file that it should come out as a 3ds is, but i will give you the error it gave me when i put the brg in "set input data file" ( the file was animal bear_walka) and the place where it shoulkd show up as 3ds in "folder to extract data into" then i push "read data files" and it gives me "no possible file definition at fe.pl line 174" and in the erro trace thing it said

"--- Begin Traceback ---
No possible format definitions detected! at fe.pl line 174.
main::determine_format at fe.pl line 174
main::read_using at fe.pl line 100
main::do_read_button at /PerlApp/TkGUI.pm line 656
main::__ANON__ at /PerlApp/TkGUI.pm line 330
[\&main::__ANON__]
Tk callback for .toplevel.button4
Tk::__ANON__ at /PerlApp/Tk.pm line 228
Tk::Button::butUp at /PerlApp/Tk/Button.pm line 111
(command bound to event)"

well then i tryed a nother one i think it was ai marker and it came out all text files but no 3ds then i did a nother one and it got through some and then it gave me error faild test "{'<mesi%_I_type>' eq 'MESI'}"!

SOme thing that might help it said in the instructions that "it" needs to know where your texture.bar file is
1. what is it AOMed or 3dsmax
2. how do i let it know where it is
(that might be casuing it)

well i hope that will help you help me i am really thankfull for all the help you are both giving me thx once again

0 0 0
Owner of 3D Studio Max
I am Loki

[This message has been edited by Zakthegreat (edited 01-09-2003 @ 03:19 PM).]

Ykkrosh
Mortal
posted 09 January 2003 03:31 PM EDT (US)     42 / 48       
Ah - use the "Direct file conversion" button instead
(I thought I told it to die with a helpful error message, but it obviously didn't work...)
Zakthegreat
Mortal
posted 10 January 2003 12:32 PM EDT (US)     43 / 48       
well i just found out what was wrong when i was reading how to to it i saw that you had to use direct, but i thought the links at the top to download were the ones to the vertion i had but they wernt i got them now. thx though sorry about that

i just tryed it and ran the script it worked (they wont move in 3dsViz4 only if you move the time bar and you hve to let go to make it move jsut i think that is a viz thing it will work in gmax so thats good)) thx now i can do cool this with it thx alot

0 0 0
Owner of 3D Studio Max
I am Loki

[This message has been edited by Zakthegreat (edited 01-10-2003 @ 12:58 PM).]

R a g n a r o k
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 06:21 AM EDT (US)     44 / 48       
Modding Aom is sounds better than modding aok
In aok you could only change graphics, not add graphics.

Different villagers would be cool, like villagers with different hair colors/clothes, or a female dwarf. This would be very cool with scenario making!

Zakthegreat
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 07:54 AM EDT (US)     45 / 48       
yea, have you trie any thing yet?

1 question to all, what is the best paint program that you use for AOM, because Paint really isnt veryy good i need a program that can really do thingsnot JUST paint colors.

0 0 0
Owner of 3D Studio Max
I am Loki
The King of Cheese
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 12:13 PM EDT (US)     46 / 48       
I use Paint Shop Pro (www.jasc.com). *hugs PSP*

• >> LKS_Cheeselord >>
  • Proud member of LKS. Click here to join.
  • Member of Arcane Studios, DGDN, and LKSware
  • PROJECTS: Magic Rugs - Cheese Giant - Anim Editor
  • Fear the power of CHEESE!
  • DeaconShadowFox
    Mortal
    posted 12 January 2003 08:55 PM EDT (US)     47 / 48       
    Technical... language.... overload *explodes*

( PSP= Photoshop= )

DeaconShadowFox
    (\__/)
    [.__.]
    |_[]_|
    Proud member of Deacon!
    also visit the Deacon Forums

[This message has been edited by DeaconShadowFox (edited 01-12-2003 @ 08:57 PM).]

Zakthegreat
    Mortal
    posted 15 January 2003 04:51 PM EDT (US)     48 / 48       
    ok i think my dad has one of thoes on his comp i will use that THX

0 0 0
    Owner of 3D Studio Max
    I am Loki
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames