You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Object Editor!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Object Editor!
R a g n a r o k
Mortal
posted 14 January 2003 02:20 AM EDT (US)         
Wow I just discovered Vachu's object editor to edit units and buildings in the game! This is fantastic!
AuthorReplies:
Dark_Fire
Mortal
posted 14 January 2003 11:40 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
where can i find that object editor?
R a g n a r o k
Mortal
posted 14 January 2003 12:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
At www.aomfiles.org/categ.php?cat=6 , there are also other editors, like a text editor and a lightning editor. I've tested the object editor (I downloaded it yesterday) and it's very good! You can edit almost EVERYTHING of a unit (except graphics) I made a Circe that can heal, and a arkantos that can do a jump attack (looks very stupid).

Does anyone know how to change unit size?

[This message has been edited by R a g n a r o k (edited 01-14-2003 @ 12:31 PM).]

ra5946
Mortal
posted 14 January 2003 09:03 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
You would have to be able to scale the actual model in a 3D program. Ykkrosh has a program called AOMed that can import the models in, but not out, yet.
Corran Horn
Mortal
(id: CorranHorn)
posted 14 January 2003 10:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
How do I create a brand new unit? I want to add another mercenary with a different name and delete the property that makes him disappear. How can I add this unit without replacing any current units?

Also, do you think we could make the bridge walkable now?

Corran Horn
archangel@bresnan.net
"I bow to no one and I give service only for cause."
-Boba Fett
ra5946
Mortal
posted 15 January 2003 01:41 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Corran, are you familiar with the proto file? That's where all the units and there information is kept. Adding a new unit can be as simple as copy and pasting it. Adding a new name you'll have to add into the language.dll file. As far as making him not dissapear, that may be in his _anim file, or maybe in the proto. I have'nt really looked at that unit.
If all this is foreign to you, reply and I'll try to explain in better detail. As far as the bridge goes, man I've tried everything to make a bridge work. I even made it so the "farm" texture was on top of the water hoping they would walk on it, but noooo. They just sit there and look at it. The units walk THROUGH every model I've tried. If we could somehow make a floating piece of terrain .
Corran Horn
Mortal
posted 15 January 2003 05:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Yes, I was trying to find a terrain property. I'm very famliliar with SWGB/AoK modding, which includes Language.dll, but I'm not sure where to find the proto file. The text editor at that site can change names, too, without using resource hacker.

Corran Horn
archangel@bresnan.net
-Boba Fett
Corran Horn
Mortal
posted 15 January 2003 05:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Wait, I found it. I'll edit here and see what I can do.

Corran Horn
archangel@bresnan.net
-Boba Fett
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames