You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » editing a .xml file... (Something needed.)
Bottom
Topic Subject:editing a .xml file... (Something needed.)
GOTD_FireCobra
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 01:38 AM EDT (US)         
Just a few days ago I decided to start making RM scripts... Now I seem to have run into a snag with the .xml file used to display the map picture in AoM.

How do you edit the map name in one of those things? The editors that supposedly do that don't seem to. (One saved the file as a word document... Useless to AoM.)

Either Im not using the editors right, or the couple that I downloaded are not ment for .xml. I would realy like helpful replies to the subject. Thanks.

AuthorReplies:
Matei
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 11:43 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
To change the name of the file, open Windows Explorer or My Computer, go to options, and make sure that for all files the filename extensions are shown (check that option on). Click the file you want to rename and do so, keeping the .xml extension in. If you want to edit it, rightclick it and choose Open With, then choose Notepad (or alternatively open up Notepad and open the file from it). Make whatever changes you want. When you click save, it should save it in the same spot with the same name and extension. If you want to save in another spot and have it be .xml still, go to Save As and type "yourname.xml" with the quotes around it to force it to use .xml.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
GOTD_FireCobra
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 05:15 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Better... now all I have to do is toy around with the thing to get it to display a certain image. Oh well.

I did like the way AoC had the map names on a list... No .xml file to worry about, just the file containing the script.

kalus
Mortal
posted 23 January 2003 09:52 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Have you seen the howto for random map icons? May be of interest to you. See here: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/viewinfo.php?id=133

BTW: the "mapinfo detail" tag does not seem to work for me!
The detailed-description window stays empty for downloaded
maps. Anybody else had this problem? Or did i miss a thread about this topic?
I have a german version, maybe that's the problem?!?

thank you, schorsch

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames