You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » New Unit Released: The Great Diomedes
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Unit Released: The Great Diomedes
Diomedes_
Mortal
posted 13 March 2004 02:05 PM EDT (US)         

Diomedes

Diomedes was a great king of Argos, a magnificent coastal city in Greece of the Acheans. In his rulership, he married Aegialia who became his queen, and spawned a son who he named Diomedes - his one and only heir to the throne.

Fate, however, would not let Diomedes live in peace. During his reign, King Menelaus of Sparta called for all arms to help make war under the walls of Ilium, so Diomedes left and joined in the ten year long war that would later be called "The Trojan War". During this war, it was said that Athena guided Diomedes' chariot and that he himself injured the god of love, Aphrodite, whilst she was protecting Aeneas who he had planned to kill.

Featuring:
Cinematic Animations, some with a helmet on, some without, for diversity
A large canvas size for all textures
A custom History file
new Proto
A buck attack which sends units flying
6 edited textures

A new unit designed for my campaign, but available to anyone to use - as long as due credit is given.

Download [url=http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2695[/url])

~ THE GREAT DIOMEDES ~
Be aware, for my chariot was crafted by Hephaetus, Athena guides my horses, and Ares holds my javelins.

[This message has been edited by Diomedes_ (edited 04-01-2004 @ 02:32 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Argalius
Mortal
posted 13 March 2004 02:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Looks very good.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
G O D Reunited
Mortal
posted 13 March 2004 02:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
awesome!

GODReunited
KMM :: SGG :: DMC (Coming Soon)
MM :: MMF
Contact your local mapper at...
dwarphy@hotmail.com
ESO Rating

coolsk8r32again
Mortal
posted 13 March 2004 06:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
looks awesome; what did you use to make the gold? did you just use an effect in a photo editing program or did you paint it yourself, or use a brush?
Dnas
Mortal
posted 13 March 2004 07:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
How did you get the cinematic texture to work?

I've been told that

Quoted from coolsk8r32again:

yeah you can't use the ReplaceTexture method on granny animation files. that's a nono

Dnas
Wildfire games 0 A. D. texture artist.
Rest In Peace, Flipbizcut (1979-2005)

[This message may have been edited by Dnas (edited 49-92-4096 @ 42:93 PM).]

Watcher
Mortal
posted 14 March 2004 02:31 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Arkantos moddel isnt a granny file its a normal one so you can use it. its only on things like the titans that they have granny files.

The Island of Gont, a single mountain lifts its peak a mile above the storm-racked Northeast Sea, is a land famous for wizards.
"I threw a knife at a baby once." - Angel Socvazius
Diomedes_
Mortal
posted 14 March 2004 03:09 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
"You can use a texure replace modifier in the CinematicLogic branch for the unit. The basic human units (hoplite, etc) are decent to look at for examples of texture replacing, since they swap out their textures based on tech upgrades."

So I believe that you can replace textures on cinematic models. I myself did not, so the original units in cinematic mode will appear as Diomedes.

~ THE GREAT DIOMEDES ~
Be aware, for my chariot was crafted by Hephaetus, Athena guides my horses, and Ares holds my javelins.
coolsk8r32again
Mortal
posted 14 March 2004 11:30 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
no i meant when i said that you can't use the actual text ReplaceTexture in your anim files. you certainly can change the texture of a granny file (Arkantos IS in fact a granny model!) if you make a new texture, then place it in the root textures folder with the same name as the original. i don't like doing that when i distribute my mods, however, because i don't like changing the original game to fit my mod, even if its just a texture adjustment on ONE cinematic unit...

EDIT:: Uh, where did you see that you can use replacetexture in the cinematic mode? many people have tried numerous times, all with failure. The hoplites cine mode texture is silver armor, and that can't be changed unless you change the model.

[This message has been edited by coolsk8r32again (edited 03-14-2004 @ 11:33 AM).]

Diomedes_
Mortal
posted 15 March 2004 02:37 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Its now up for download. The url is available in my signature or in the top post.

~ THE GREAT DIOMEDES ~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames