You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » "ReplaceTexture" option not working, help needed.
Bottom
Topic Subject:"ReplaceTexture" option not working, help needed.
Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 05 September 2006 07:26 PM EDT (US)         
Although it is unlike me to have two have threads in the same forum at the same time, I've come across another problem that, like my AI topic, has to do with the new plantation unit I added (this unit has caused me more greif than all my other units combined), but unlike my other thread, has to with texturing.

Because I figured out earlier that I cannot have my villagers use the foraging animation while gathering from plantations if the [unittype>AbstractFarm[/unittype> tag is present in the plantation's proto identity, but this tag is neccesary for villagers to automatically start gathering from a plantation after they build one.

Because I didn't like the dilemma (sp?) I was stuck with, I took a different approach altogether and simply made plantations autogather gold at the same rate that villagers gathered from them previously, added 50 food to their cost, lowered hp and armor, and made them take a population each.

Well, recently I created a new texture for them, so that I can have villagers gather from them using the farming animation, without it looking so bad, and I can get rid of the silly autogathering. Problem is the "replacetexture" feature just isn't working for me, and I've tried a heck of a lot of combinations but to no avail.

Here's a screenshot of the new texture, it's a little sloppy, but I think its not bad: (Note that the dimensions are acually 256 x 512, you just can't see the lower half of the pic becuase of the black background.)

http://xs.to/xs.php?f=plantation_2.png&h=xs206&d=06363

The ddt I made from that image is called "plantation" it is placed in my "C:/Program Files/.../Age of Mythology/textures" folder. and it has the same dimensions as the farming textures I want it to replace (BMP for both = 256 x 512, DDT for both = "12-bit, 4-bit alpha[0]", 1-min-map level.)

I haven't noticed any errors in its anim code either, do you see any?:

Quoted from Plantation_anim:

//========================================================== ====================
// Plantation_anim.txt
//========================================================== ====================

anim Idle
{
SetSelector
{
set hotspot
{
version
{
Visual world a farm cabbage01
replacetexture world a farm cabbage01/plantation
}
}
}
}

Yet what appears, in game is simply the unbuilt farm appearance (aka "world a farm cabbage01") it pretends my new texture does not exist. Is there something wrong with the texture itself? Or is replacing a farm texture not possible? (I would doubt that.) Does anyone know why, and what can be done to fix it?

AuthorReplies:
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 05 September 2006 11:55 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
It's possible, and nothing is wrong with the texture! It's how you applied it. See how there are four hotspots in the anim for the farm? You need to replace the texture for each of those for it to work. The textures are different for each civilization's farm.
Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 03:12 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
I've already tried replacing the farm texture over all the four farm options , but the default farm anim says "Construction Logic" not somethiong like "civ logic" so I think all civs do have the same farming texture.

And all the farm construction ddt's have the same dimensions, I've tried it. As far as I see, there's no reason why this shouldn't work. Do buildings require some other feature in order to be textured, that I don't know about? Because just replacing one of the textures, and eliminating the others shouldn't make a difference.

Stephen Caines
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 07:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
Interesting never looked at the farm before. It seems to just use a visualnone (no model) and then either a texture name or a decal name (the game has both).

I would try "visualnone plantation" in the anim - note the cabbage01/02/03 are just the textures for the earlier build phases.

If that doesn't work (eg. it isn't visualnone texture), create a file called plantation.dcl in your /models directory with decal parameters

Plantation/Shadow Select Farm 128x128/7/7

Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 07 September 2006 03:13 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
Good thinking Stephen, but I guess there is something wrong with the texture, or you cannot texture farms.

I tried using "visualnone" and the "replacetexture" option, with having a model called "plantation.dcl" that was a copy of "world farm cabbage01" renamed and hex-edited (to change the "world farm a cabbage01" inside the file to "plantation"). When I did this, it just used the unbuilt farm texture and pletended my model/texture did not exist.

When I used "visualnone plantation" without "replacetexture" then it was invisible. To summarize, even with the new plantation model, the problem is the same, the game thinks my new texture does not exist.

Tezcatlipoca
Mortal
posted 14 January 2007 10:17 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
I have that problem too with General Melagius.
MythicRuler
Mortal
posted 14 January 2007 03:50 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
I have a feeling that the farm is just a colored shadow.

Check out all of the mods I made here
crazydragon
Mortal
posted 14 January 2007 05:25 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
did you try programes notepad on the model to change the texture
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 14 January 2007 09:23 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
Did you notice that this thread is REALLY old?
Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 15 January 2007 11:23 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
Wow, this thread is old. Just so you know, it seems Farms are one of the few units that un re-texturable. I've herd a few others say they've had trouble with farms too. But even if everything is done right, they still don't retexture.
MythicRuler
Mortal
posted 15 January 2007 06:15 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
lol

Check out all of the mods I made here
The Modsmith
Mortal
posted 15 January 2007 11:38 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
I know this modpack that has retextured farms, let me find a link.(this is tasev btw)

[This message has been edited by The Modsmith (edited 01-15-2007 @ 11:39 PM).]

PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 16 January 2007 03:08 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
Wouldn't you be able to replace the ddt image? That would most definately replace the texture.
The Modsmith
Mortal
posted 16 January 2007 07:58 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
This guy made copies of the original farm model and just renamed and hex edited them.
crazydragon
Mortal
posted 17 January 2007 12:11 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
I thought that might work
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames