Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Fenrir's Problems
Bottom
Topic Subject:Fenrir's Problems
Fenrir Axebearer
Mortal
posted 27 September 2006 00:53 AM EDT (US)         
You all know I am working on new civ mods and adding or removing other cultural bonuses for make good culture. Then I planned that Norse cavalry will build buildings. When they build buildings then they will leave horse but keep them nearby, and working to build. But I didn't know this will good or not. I didn't know focusing by game, this thing will good or not. Then you (all) can say me this is good or not?

And please give me Microsoft game studio or Ensembles studios e-mail address. I need it.

I will asks my problems in this thread.

by Fenrir

Fenrir Axebearer was Fighter of Ragnarok!
He fought sides of Gods!
His pet Fenrir Greyback always helped him!
He and his pet killed many Monsters! And Show many advantures!
BUT GOD ABANDON THEM AFTER RAGNAROK! NO ONE OF GODS HELPED HIM AFTER RAGNAROK!
Now he living in Norseland in mountains with his best and loyal pet!
AuthorReplies:
Stephen Caines
Mortal
posted 09 October 2006 07:50 AM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
This would be nice ascetically, but I doubt if ES or Microsoft would put any resources into it.

The easiest way to achieve what who are after would be to add a build anim to the norse horseman that uses a standard norse villager_build model, with a norse horseman texture replacement and a horse attachment.

Fenrir Axebearer
Mortal
posted 12 October 2006 11:50 AM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
@ Stephen Caines
But, I want to know this will good to play or this is over (like Atlanteans) to play?

My new problem,

1) Valkyire
Valkyire was humans, I think they will able to train at Longhouse (but limited), under power of Freyja, and can be upgraded by Medium/Heavy/Champion Cavalry. Also Freyjs will granted new myth unit (I am not planned that new unit). But this will good or not?

2) Automatons
I belives you all read Atlantean automato's history. There wrote - "The Atlanteans placed a high value on personal freedom. They never practiced slavery. They created the Automata to perform the tasks for which many other cultures used slaves." By this history, my new idea is automato can build buildings, but this will be myth units and under power of Leto. But this is too good or not?

Please answer me about my questions. Thanks to visitors.

by Fenrir.

He fought sides of Gods!
Fenrir Axebearer
Mortal
posted 17 October 2006 11:01 AM EDT (US)     3 / 17       
Please Answer me.

1) Anyone know about genrating favor's ".xml" file? How we can change type of genrating favors?

2) We can edit heroesnames.xml? I mean adding new hero like Pharaoh or Hersir and set their names in heroesnames.xml?
Ex. I added "XXXX" new hero will called "gfdtyt" like Pharaoh and Hersir. Each Pharaoh and Hersir has many names. I can edit "XXXX" many names in heroesnames.xml?

=======

1) If I added "Archer" unit for Norse, this will be good at play?

Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 17 October 2006 03:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
Favor gathering is acually cleverly controled in proto and techtree.

I.e. the TC (called "Settlement Level 1") has an autogather rate of zero for favor, and then the "Age 1 Kronos" "Age 1 Ouranos" (not a typo) and "Age 1 Gaia" techs each add about .1 to the autogather rate of a TC for favor.

All the norse units (except myth units) has a non-zero value for something called "bountyfactor" with the resource being favor. This is how much favor a unit generates as it attacks.

The greeks have their villager (called "Villager Greek") have a gathering action on the temple, and the temple has a flag called "PrayableTo", this is how greeks gather favor.

And all the egyptian monuments have an autogather action on favor at different rates. Thus, when you build one, it automatically gathers favor for you, and only egyptians can build monuments.

Tsurgi_1337
Mortal
posted 18 October 2006 03:15 AM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
Fenir, @Valkire Problem: In the Proto(x) file you can only set how many of a specific unit/building you can make, not how many you can make from each building EG: I cannot have 25 valks available from the longhouse and 60 available at the temple. Another MU for Frejya would make her OP IMHO.

@Auto Problem: If you do make automatons build buildings, make the build rate slow. Automati can rebuild themselfs and with this, they could 'Build' build as well. Mabye if there was a new 'Worker Automaton' Unit that could do the same things as a normal automaton, but build buildings and fight and repail (To a lesser extent).

@Norse archer: Archers are either made to counter Infantry or othre Archers. Just use TA or RC

Fenrir Axebearer
Mortal
posted 18 October 2006 01:13 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
@ Tsurgi_1337
I know how to modify it, but this is not my "problem". My problem is this will be good to play? This is over to no fun when playing? This is my "problem"

=======
Thank you Magnum Pi.

=======

1) Anyone know where is cheats ".xml" file?

2) And All cultural and cultural gods power? I find one ".xml", this file shows other cultural or gods worshippers buildings/units hitpoints increased or less costs. But I want to know other powers/bonuses like Odin's warshipers human soldires regenrates, Gaia's building's regenrates, etc..

3) And answer my other questions where I asked above.

====Edit====
4) Anyone know how to disable weapons of soldires without G-max or 3d-Max?? This can be disable at animation or prot/like other file.xml??

[This message has been edited by Fenrir Axebearer (edited 10-18-2006 @ 01:23 PM).]

Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 18 October 2006 02:49 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17       

Quote:

Anyone know where is cheats ".xml" file?

Cheats are hard-coded in the executable, so we can't add/change them. But if want to add a new cheat unit, you can always make the new unit be trainable out of an existing cheat unit (i.e. Bella).

Quote:

And All cultural and cultural gods power? I find one ".xml", this file shows other cultural or gods worshippers buildings/units hitpoints increased or less costs. But I want to know other powers/bonuses like Odin's warshipers human soldires regenrates, Gaia's building's regenrates, etc..

God powers are controlled by individual xml files hidden inside Godpowers(2).bar.

All those extra bonuses, like Hades shades, Kronos timeshift, Gaia lush, etc. are controlled in by some kind of values in the files in your startup floder (try the .bar files) I don't know how much of this you can change, though.

Quote:

Anyone know how to disable weapons of soldires without G-max or 3d-Max?? This can be disable at animation or prot/like other file.xml??

If I understand you correctly, then all you need to do is open the unit's anim file and remove all its little "connect X to Y hotspot" lines, it may not always be possible, but weapons and shields and the like usually are.

MagmaLord
Mortal
(id: darkdude)
posted 18 October 2006 06:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
Norse Calvary able to build may not be a good idea, because of their speed. Norse already have an advantage in forward building because of the infantry.

Fenrir Axebearer
Mortal
posted 19 October 2006 03:10 AM EDT (US)     9 / 17       
@ Magnum Pi -
I wrote gods power means cultural bonuses. All cultural bonuses controlled by many .xml files?

@ darkdude -
"Norse Calvary able to build may not be a good idea, because of their speed." I didn't understand what is you means. You means they has more speed, then they build faster?

"Norse already have an advantage in forward building because of the infantry." - ????

But what is about Automata?

====Edit====>

We can add new minor gods??

[This message has been edited by Fenrir Axebearer (edited 10-19-2006 @ 04:01 AM).]

MagmaLord
Mortal
posted 19 October 2006 05:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
An AoM strategist's Dictionary:

Forward Build: abbr. "FB"/"Forward". n

A group of structures (usually military related) built close to the enemy's home so as to produce and maintain an army easier. This also allows reinforcements arrive at the battle faster, having a shorter distance to the enemy base.

Verb: "Forward Building"/"FBing"/"Forward Built"/"Forwarded"/"FB".
"I forward built and rushed him to death 11"
"those stupid ulfsarks FB right out of my base before I can get ready. I hate it. I wish they could walk slower"
"then I destroyed his fricking FB"

Fenrir Axebearer
Mortal
posted 21 October 2006 12:39 PM EDT (US)     11 / 17       
@ darkdude
I think I find a man. I never heard "AoM strategist's Dictionary". What is about Automata, and Archer??

==========Edit===============

I can edit triggers??. I mean triggers where programmed in .xml? I want to add "Unforbid and Enable tech" like " Unforbid and Enable unit". I can?

He fought sides of Gods!

[This message has been edited by Fenrir Axebearer (edited 10-21-2006 @ 12:55 PM).]

MagmaLord
Mortal
posted 21 October 2006 07:28 PM EDT (US)     12 / 17       

Quote:

@ darkdude
I think I find a man.

What is that supposed to mean?

Quote:

I never heard "AoM strategist's Dictionary".

It's because I made it up.

Quote:

What is about Automata, and Archer??

Unforunately I didn't find any post of you mentioning the archer, so please post it again.

About the automatons, I think the idea is great! Automatons are currently classified as "UP" (tell me if you need my dictionary again) and need a boost. Leto's focus could be changed from the lame "focuses on automatons" to "focuese on buildings", with a new tech that helps buildings. This may also end the ancient problem of the "OP" Prometheus.

I also saw your proposal for the valkyrie change. Unfortunately I don't think it is a good idea because they are closely related to calvary already (thundering hooves). And they are very good as they are for norse players.

Fenrir Axebearer
Mortal
posted 22 October 2006 08:47 AM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
@ darkdude
I mean I find a man who will tell me about my ideas will good or not for playing game. Archer is simple idea, that unit will add to norse and will count as archer like Throwing Axeman.
MagmaLord
Mortal
posted 22 October 2006 11:44 AM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
Awsome! A norse archer (best available at hill fort) will slightly balance them with atlanteans, whose Fanatics kill everything norse.

Fenrir Axebearer
Mortal
posted 23 October 2006 00:52 AM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
@ darkdude

I typed this by mistake - "count as archer like Throwing Axeman. " I want to type - count as infantry like Throwing Axeman. I thinkink this adding for norse beacuse norse has only one archer who counts as infantry, then he killed by many counter infantry units.

MagmaLord
Mortal
posted 23 October 2006 05:40 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
Yes, and that is the problem. Another throwing axeman won't help, unless all anit-infantry are modified to lose their bonus against it.

Fenrir Axebearer
Mortal
posted 24 October 2006 12:47 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17       
I want e-mail adresses of modelers. Please contact me.

He fought sides of Gods!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames