You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Is it possible to edit a Age of Mythology Texture in 256 x 512 and make it still work?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Is it possible to edit a Age of Mythology Texture in 256 x 512 and make it still work?
lo2ol
Mortal
posted 09 October 2006 01:07 PM EDT (US)         
Is it possible to make edit a texture for a unit(not a cinematic texture)a regular texture for a unit in 256 x 512 and will it still work?
or is it strictly at 64 x 128?
AuthorReplies:
gangsta4lyfe
Mortal
posted 09 October 2006 01:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Please use the question thread.

no it is not strictly at 64 x 128, Purple people eater our leader at PDS made a texture for the roman legionarius that was pretty big but i forgot how big, ask him.

)Proud Member of Purple Designs Studios(
|AomTT Nickname:LoN_Nidhogg|
Ω| Purple Design Studios |Ω
Ψ| AomTT Nickname:LoN_Nidhogg |Ψ
He who laughs last didn't get it.

[This message has been edited by gangsta4lyfe (edited 10-09-2006 @ 01:38 PM).]

Ykkrosh
Mortal
posted 09 October 2006 02:18 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
AoM itself never used textures larger than 256x256, presumably to maintain compatibility with horribly ancient graphics cards. More recent hardware can handle anything up to 4096x4096, and I expect AoM's engine ought to handle any size of texture (as long as it's still powers of two); so you should be able to double/quadruple/octuple/etc the size of any texture to get a higher resolution. (I've never tested any of this, though.)
Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 09 October 2006 07:22 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
I don't know quite enough about this to say anything conclusively, but my guess would be no. The reason I say this is because I once tried to create a new texture with exactly the same BMP and DDT demensions (256 x 512) as the texture it was replacing, I had the unit's anim use "Visual" and Visualnone" I tried everything imaginable and the texture just would not work. Upon reading this topic, I now have some idea why.
CodeRed175
Mortal
posted 09 October 2006 08:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
256x512 will usually work. i've never had problems with it before. I haven't tried anything bigger, but they might work.

Modder For Purple Design Studios
"Religion is hate. Religion is fear. Religion is war. Religion is rape. Religion's obscene. Religion's a w***e."-Slayer
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 09 October 2006 10:09 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I did the Legionary in 256x512, but anything in those dimensions in multiples of four should work. Without being rediculous, of course.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames