Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Hello all im new [=
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hello all im new [=
Rebal_FtW
Mortal
posted 26 December 2006 03:17 AM EDT (US)         
Im new to here, i found the site gr8 for d/l ing recs, and now im a 1850 sup player so i thought id post recs soon but first i have a favor to ask a modder-

I can do scenarion design gr8, but i just cant mod and i really wanna mod a few units but i just cant. The mods are simple- Only slight change to the unit but still i cant do it.

Anyone going to take up my challenge?

AuthorReplies:
Hakuo600
Mortal
posted 26 December 2006 03:35 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
maybe

+|MW|BaxteR|+
[My|Projects]
[Destruction 1%]
[Gamer|Programmer|Destoyer of World's]
Senior_man_face
Mortal
posted 31 December 2006 11:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
So, do you want to change the unit's stats? Or, change the texturing or models of the unit?

Download my Random Map Script:

Frosty Mountains v1-1

Meow!
CeLeSTiaL_eX2
Mortal
posted 01 January 2007 01:34 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11       

Quote:

1850 sup player

YES LORD, YES! If you are the titans you are AoMH best player.

If so,
Congrats

crazydragon
Mortal
posted 01 January 2007 03:03 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
I first need to know what you want to do before I can tell you how to do it or if I have to to do it 4 you
crag09
Mortal
posted 08 January 2007 03:03 AM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
i am the same i really want to start modding unit by just sort of changing textures of certain myths ect

[This message has been edited by crag09 (edited 01-08-2007 @ 03:03 AM).]

crazydragon
Mortal
posted 08 January 2007 03:12 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
look at the sticky threads on the topics page you can find every thing you need to mod there as well as guides on how to mod,
crag09
Mortal
posted 09 January 2007 10:51 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
@ crazydragon. ive done that. But unfortunatley i dont understand. i was hoping just to do a simple colouring of a unit but im confuesed
Rebal_FtW
Mortal
posted 10 January 2007 10:54 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
@CeLeSTiaL_eX2 Im only like 1800 on TT but can beat some 1900s on AoM if im lucky

Ive taken a look, and got very confused, =\ ill give it another go if i cant do it ill email u crazy dragon and maybe u can help me in someway.

Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 11 January 2007 09:30 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
Welcome to AoMH.
Feel free to ask us any questions. If you are brand new, my guide might be able to instruct you.

I'd suggest starting off by download AoMEd and work on some simple textures before moving onto anything big.

crazydragon
Mortal
posted 13 January 2007 00:00 AM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
Rebal_FtW

If you want to retexture a unite first you need, bar explorer you can find it in the stickys , then use bar explorer and open your aom installed folder find the textures file ,inside open your textures bar or textures bar 2 and find the .ddt file for the unite you want to change , once you find it extract it to a new folder then with aomed convert it to a .bmp then open it with paint bucket or photoshop and make your changes to the textures then reconvert it back to a .ddt and put it back in your textures folder .

you should read some of the tutorials for creating new unites they will explain more to you on how this is done

Rebal_FtW
Mortal
posted 13 January 2007 04:39 AM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
Hmmmm what i mainly want to do is change what a unit fires- all of which dont have to be made just shuffled around- like having a pig shoot Son of Osiris lightning and havinga valkyrie shhot flaming arrows, but i do want to do a few texture mods which i thank you all for ur help for.

Thanks again-

Rebal

PS- the unit i want to change isnt their or i cant find it- i looked for Son of osiris or circe to do the pig that shoots lightning but it wasnt there.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames