You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Capability inquiry/possible request
Bottom
Topic Subject:Capability inquiry/possible request
Ashtoro
Mortal
posted 18 January 2007 01:31 AM EDT (US)         
Hello, everyone. I'm planning a campaign focussing on Kastor, but unfortunately his young version sucks and has like three cinematic animations.

I don't know what the possibilities you guys can do, but can you create and add cinematic-animations for good old Kastor(or anyone who already has a cinematic texture)?

If so, I'd like to request help on said subject. Though I'm yet to have any physical work done, or the story fully developed, I know the plot may be unpleasantly limited without certain animations.

If whatever programs you use give you that ability, and you're interested, post or e-mail me and I'll fill you in on some of the details.

As for the campaign, did you know that Kastor had his own story during Fall of the Trident that was actually quite near to Arkantos some of the time? If so, then I'm accidentally copying someone... XD

Of course, if the option isn't available to modders('cause I don't really know), tell me n'stuff and I'll try to figure my way around it.

Thanks for reading,
-- Ashtoro

-- Ashtoro
Current Project - Progress {Map/Trg/Eye/Cin/Test}
Nothin' really, just fooling around.
AuthorReplies:
Hakuo600
Mortal
posted 18 January 2007 02:27 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
I 'm sorry to say but most people wont do this. it can take a long time to make a texture.Same with a model though the cinematic .grn files arent creatable by some modeler unless they can afford a $2500+ legally.anyway it would take way too long to make a cinematic model just for you. >

+|MW|BaxteR|+
[My|Projects]
[Destruction 1%]
[Gamer|Programmer|Destoyer of World's]
Ashtoro
Mortal
posted 18 January 2007 04:07 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
I'm not asking for a cinematic model, I know that's not an option(I asked that question back the first time I was active here). I'm asking if someone can make animations for pre-existing cinematic model(particularily, Vanilla Kastor).

Obviously, Kastor already exists in cinematic(1. Omens, 16. Good Advice, and 32. A Place in my Dreams) textures. Unfortunately he has too small a number of animations to use in any campaign that may revolve around him or give him more than 3 lines in the storyline(unless you count "Father!" in the last chapter or the ingame lines of Good Advice).

Kastor is the protagonist of my intended campaign. He needs more than three or four animations.

I'm not asking for a texture or a new model, simply if someone can make Kastor's cinematic model(though actually I will be asking for a little more than just Kastor) do something new.

Although it's entirely possible you do indeed need the $2600 program, I don't know that, and you haven't told me that. So in Gargerensis's words, I say to myself, "Calm yourself, worm. All is not lost." XD

-- Ashtoro
Hakuo600
Mortal
posted 18 January 2007 04:36 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
making the animations requires usually making a new model if you want a cinematic one

+|MW|BaxteR|+
[My|Projects]
[Destruction 1%]
Ashtoro
Mortal
posted 18 January 2007 04:41 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Why would that be? Can't you just upload the cinematic texture into the program(s)? Or is your program(s) not high-tech(or in other words, expensive) enough?

Just 'cause I know for a fact that both Vanilla Kastor and Titanic Kastor have cinematic models with their game-play ones... so why would one have to remake his model to have add animations?

But then again, I suppose you might not be able to just directly edit a unit in the game, and that it'd be too easy to create a new one by copying the textures of the original.

Or we're still misunderstanding eachother, that's a possibility!

-- Ashtoro
Sir Dundo
Mortal
posted 18 January 2007 11:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
You're confusing me..

It's impossible to edit the pre-existing Cinematic Kastor models without extremely expensive software, and even then, you'd have to be quite good at animating for it to look good.

|/\|
/\_/_/_/Sir Dundo\_\_\_/\
|Winner of Botolf's Best Idea Award|
|Proud Leader of Modsmith Studios|
\_/\_/
|\______/\--/\--/\______/|
\...Supreme Commander Heaven.../
Hakuo600
Mortal
posted 18 January 2007 03:12 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       

Quote:

ones... so why would one have to remake his model to have add animations?

its a completely new model file aom has a model file for attack,death,walk etc... a model (.brg) file for a aom is a series of objects placed in a way so that if run like frames of a cartoon would look like an animation.

+|MW|BaxteR|+
[My|Projects]
[Destruction 1%]
Ashtoro
Mortal
posted 18 January 2007 03:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
All right, so it's not possible, I understand now.

Damn... what do I do about this then...

Ah well, I suppose that this topic's served its purpose.

-- Ashtoro
itlnstlon77
Mortal
posted 18 January 2007 04:30 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
People will probably forgive you if you only use those animations since most people can understand that it was not in your power to give Kastor (young) enough animations.

Seriously, who let Idaho be a state?!? []
Ashtoro
Mortal
posted 18 January 2007 07:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
I can assume that, but I have to figure out how I'm going to have him get up from laying on the ground. Perhaps I can make a first-person awakening and standing.

But then again, under the cirucumstances of the story, it might not be too much of an issue...

You know what t'would be awesome? If someone or a group of people can sound similar to the characters from Fall of the Trident! Then I could have a voices! But that's a really long shot, so yeah.

I'm going to start further-planning the story now.

-- Ashtoro
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames