Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Death Variation
Bottom
Topic Subject:Death Variation
The Modsmith
Mortal
posted 23 January 2007 06:58 PM EDT (US)         
Does anyone know if its possible to make a death variation depending on what kills the unit?

For example making something die normally but when it gets killed by a lion it dies differently.

~Tasev

AuthorReplies:
MagmaLord
Mortal
(id: darkdude)
posted 23 January 2007 08:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
No, but I see where you are getting at.....

I don't know anything about modding, but can this possibly have to do with unit specials? I mean, the death animation for a unit killed by a medusa is different than that of a argus, etc.

PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 23 January 2007 09:00 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
It doesn't sound possible because you can't just change a command string to meet needs, although asking Nottud might be a good idea. He seems to be the QV creating guru lately.
The Modsmith
Mortal
posted 23 January 2007 10:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
@darkdude - thats a good idea but it dosn't fit in my case.

~Tasev

AgeofKnights
Inactive
posted 24 January 2007 08:45 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
well the units die differently if they are medusafied than if something else kills them. You just need to find what allows that separate death variation and code it to allow a lion kill to activate a different death model.
MythicRuler
Mortal
posted 24 January 2007 08:41 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
The kraken is the best example. All boats 'killable' by the kraken gore attack have a special death animation, and when i imported it into gmax it was the kraken one. It may not be possible with just ordinary attacks, but you could try a similar logic (techlogic stuff, like how frost gets horns) as the priest projectile, which fires differently at mu's than humans. it might be unit logic, you should check.

Check out all of the mods I made here
The Modsmith
Mortal
posted 24 January 2007 10:38 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
Okay, thank you I will try.

~Tasev

Argalius
Mortal
posted 25 January 2007 11:12 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
I think the Kraken and Medusa death animations are hard-coded, atleast to a certain extent if not totally.
I guess you can give multiple death variations to the unit (I know you can with AoE3, forgot about AoM) but it'll just pick one randomly instead of being killed by a specific unit.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
Sir Dundo
Mortal
posted 25 January 2007 11:16 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
I wonder if Targetlogic would work?

|/\|
/\_/_/_/Sir Dundo\_\_\_/\
|Winner of Botolf's Best Idea Award|
|Proud Leader of Modsmith Studios|
\_/\_/
|\______/\--/\--/\______/|
\...Supreme Commander Heaven.../
The Modsmith
Mortal
posted 26 January 2007 01:55 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
I will try target logic and is there a thing that specifies all units instead of abstractcavalry or abstractinfantry. Something for all units and buildings.

~tasev

[This message has been edited by The Modsmith (edited 01-26-2007 @ 01:55 PM).]

Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 26 January 2007 02:08 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Try "LogicalTypeVolcanoAttack". Don't forget that many Gaia units also have it, so it may take these units into consideration.

If you want only "normal" units and buildings, try something like "LogicalTypeHandUnitsAttack".

Quote:

I think the Kraken and Medusa death animations are hard-coded, atleast to a certain extent if not totally.

Acually I don't think so. I think it depends on what value is set in the "Rate" parametre for the Freeze/Throw action. Ordinarly, the value that goes into "Rate" only needs to be recognized as either zero (action will not work on that unit) or non-zero (action will work on that unit).

But the "Rate" in medusa's freeze attack (the stoning) is 8, while the (for example) Frost Giant's and Kng Folstag's freeze attack "Rate" values are 20. Othr than that, there is n proto different in these unit's freeze atacks that would see to indicate whether to freeze a unit, or stone it.

[This message has been edited by Magnum Pi (edited 01-26-2007 @ 02:22 PM).]

The Modsmith
Mortal
posted 26 January 2007 02:57 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
okay, thank you, I will try that.

~Tasev

[This message has been edited by The Modsmith (edited 01-26-2007 @ 02:57 PM).]

Ryder25
Mortal
(id: tasev)
posted 29 January 2007 08:09 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
TargetLogic did not work. Any more idea?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames