Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.No replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Building Terrains
Bottom
Topic Subject:Building Terrains
Candlemaster
Mortal
posted 03 February 2007 11:42 PM EDT (US)         
Well, seeing as no-one is helping me with my Blending problem, I've decided to try and build some new terrains for the time being. I have a couple of questions, though.

1) How can I make a terrain have sharp edges like the CityTileWaterPool terrains?

2) I've seen sets of three numbers almost everywhere in the terraintypes.xml file. I assume that this determines the color of the terrain on the Minimap. Am I correct, and if so, is it in HSV or RGB format?

-----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Nevermind. After about an hour of experimenting, I figured it out myself. For the sake of anyone who runs into same problem as I did (And is smart enough to use the search engine) I will answer my own questions.

1)I found a file named "Blends.txt" (or something) in the "Textures.bar/terrains" file. In it it show how the terrains are blended and layered. I simply Copied what they did for the CityTileWaterPool terrains.

2)I was right, and they are in RGB format.

I've successfully solved my own problem, so go ahead and let this thread die. Or don't, I don't really care.

...and they all lived happily ever after. Except the squirrel boy, who died of cancer shortly after.

[This message has been edited by Candlemaster (edited 02-04-2007 @ 01:44 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames