You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » GMax help please (unrecognizable meshes)
Bottom
Topic Subject:GMax help please (unrecognizable meshes)
The God of Mods
Mortal
posted 05 February 2007 08:12 PM EDT (US)         
I have been making models on gmax for awhile now I am quite good at it but I cant texture any of my models I can wrap the textures on fine but the problem is that once I put them it doesn't recognize my meshes and I can't export the file for now all I can do is make my models one color but that isn't very useful. I have the files in tga format but when i try to turn into brg it doesnt recognize it. If anyone wants to explain how to make the meshes recognized by gmax that would be great. I have many great ideas that I can't complete becasue of this problem.

If anyone has had this problem and would like to help like tasev or crazydragon that would be nice.
-The God of Mods

[This message has been edited by The God of Mods (edited 02-05-2007 @ 09:17 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
DeadHead
Mortal
posted 06 February 2007 07:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
What is the exact error you receive?
The God of Mods
Mortal
posted 06 February 2007 07:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
well when i made my own tga texture with gimp it said it didnt recognize the file when I tried to turn it back into brg then I used a tga file from another model and put my texture over it and it let me convert it and everything but when I got into the game it was all messed up ad didnt look like my texture at all so Im really confused
DeadHead
Mortal
posted 06 February 2007 07:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Ok.... First, .tga and .brg are completely different. .brg is a model and .tga is a type of texture. You do not want to create a .tga file of your own at all.

I would recommend eXtinction's modeling guide. It will show you how to make and apply the texture correctly.

It can be downloaded here.

The God of Mods
Mortal
posted 06 February 2007 07:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Yea I followed extinctions guide but it kinda stops after you uv wrap the textures and I'm not sure what to do after that. It jumps from uv wrap to the modeling of the dino head without any explanation of how to apply the texture to the model
DeadHead
Mortal
posted 06 February 2007 08:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
It says in the guide near the very end but Ill explain it here anyways....

Once you are done the modeling, animating, uvw wrapping, and have imported the AoM base model, go to the Material Navigator. There, find the texture used by the AoM base model and apply it to your model. the AoM texture will be a Multi-Material texture. You can now either delete the AoM base model if you want, but I like to keep it, or rename it to something else. Now name your model Animated. Now you run the export script to convert it to .3dx.

That is hows its done and if you have any more problems, just post your questions.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames