Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Population mods
Bottom
Topic Subject:Population mods
Darkpriest667
Mortal
posted 20 September 2007 01:24 AM EDT (US)         
Ok ... so a few things

1) im playing the original AOM not clash of the titans... and no one would answer whether or not im going to have to buy seperate copies of clash of the titans.. so if its just an update please inform me and if it is a pay per copy ill go out and purchase it ...

2) i have 5 copies of the original in cd... My friends and i would like to play with a larger population level so here comes the question... How do i modify the population.. I tried doing it in the editor but it simply defaults back to the 300 max... Please explain how i could change it to where the default is over 300 . We like large massive battles and lag and delay time is no issue..

Thanks for your answers in advance :-)
AuthorReplies:
Stephen Caines
Mortal
posted 20 September 2007 07:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
1)AoM and AoM:TT are not just updates, and most of the stuff here assumes you have :TT.

2)If you want more than 300 pop count, try using a populationcount (for each protounit) set to less than zero.
Mythic_Freak
Mortal
posted 20 September 2007 02:11 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
why less than 0? I think I've seen modpacks that changed the population count to 0.01 or so, and why wouldn't zero itself work?
MythicRuler
Mortal
posted 20 September 2007 09:33 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Fact is you cannot make the maximum pop, say 600. If you want to make units take up less space, you could cut their pops in half (ie 2-1). However, I do not know if decimals are excepted and I highly doubt it. But you can use just zero, but that would create an unlimited population count.

EDIT: And its not clash of the titans, just the titans.

Check out all of the mods I made here

[This message has been edited by MythicRuler (edited 09-20-2007 @ 09:34 PM).]

Gnomey
Mortal
posted 20 September 2007 10:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I hope you 2 have really powerful computers too. The limit is there for a reason. :P

I know mine can't take more than 500.
Godyssey
Mortal
(id: Two_ace_u)
posted 21 September 2007 04:27 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Here is a better way, Nottud has established an modify all protounit's stats, use it in the trigger editor and modify all units population to 0.

A green great dragon.
Darkpriest667
Mortal
posted 24 September 2007 06:57 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
I have 4 very powerful computers... hooked up... i have a total of probably 60 computers and laptops... some of them from the stone age (anyone need an ibm thinkpad 30mhz LOL)

I am curious about these triggers I have not been able to figure them out.... Do i need to download some special tool to use them?/ I tried using them in the scenario editor and everything is blank... Am I going to have to set the values manually?
Mythic_Freak
Mortal
posted 24 September 2007 02:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,25850,0,10

That might be what you need.
In that topic nottud has written the code of that specific trigger. You can wait untill the next release of his superpack to get this trigger effect, or you can read some guides about creating triggers and find out yourself how to put(copy-paste) them in the game files (it should not be too hard).
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames