You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Making mods playable in game
Bottom
Topic Subject:Making mods playable in game
Windstar74
Mortal
posted 28 September 2007 00:12 AM EDT (US)         
So I downloaded a mod with no techtree.xmb, techtree.xml, techtreex.xmb, or techtreex.xml. How would I go about making them so I can have them in game?

Thanks
AuthorReplies:
newb27
Mortal
posted 28 September 2007 03:08 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
*Sigh*

This is hard to explain as it involves things I really hate explaining I think there's a tutorial on this but I'll explain it best I can... Ok, download AOMed and put the "Set Input Data File" as data2.bar found in the
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\data
Now create a new folder on your desktop called "AOM data" or whatever floats your boat and set the "Folder to Extract Data Into" as this folder that you created. Now, click "Read Data File" and a window should pop up with a bunch of data streaming down. Now, once it's finished go to "Direct File Conversion" and select the techtree.xmb for normal AOM and techtreex.xmb for AOMTT. Click ok and it should convert it to a techtree(x).xml. Now click edit and I think you can figure out the rest for yourself. Once your done editing then "Direct File Conversion" it back and place it in the
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\data
folder. Or just download Steven Caine's guide to modding. It's the most complete guide to modding there is.

[This message has been edited by newb27 (edited 09-28-2007 @ 03:10 PM).]

MythicRuler
Mortal
posted 28 September 2007 05:39 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
*sigh*
I have been sighing for so long now. This site has a huge database of tutorials, and if you cant find one on this then look in the downloads section under...well...Design Hints Tips and Tutorials....An Introduction to Modding is a recommended one. Hope you can figure it out.

Check out all of the mods I made here
Windstar74
Mortal
posted 30 September 2007 00:34 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
I downloaded a help for modders from the download section but the one I DL didnt have anything in it on this type of thing so maybe I have the wrong one for this but you must remember that some people dont have the experience that you do so question that seem old and tired (sigh) really are new questions for some like me ..

Ok I read the mod book and modded the longhouse when I click on the description when Im in a game (of the longhouse) it shows the moded unit but I dont see him when I try to build units I made it in the second age I can get him so any help would be welcome ..
WhatJ

[This message has been edited by Windstar74 (edited 09-30-2007 @ 04:36 AM).]

MythicRuler
Mortal
posted 30 September 2007 01:44 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I learned to mod compeltely from the "Introduction to Modding Tutorial" by stephen caines. Search for it in the tutorials, and when you open it it will have how to train units. But what you have to do is a). Create your new unit.
b).create a new building or have the unit trainable from an existing building. To do this, you need to go in the protox, and go to your desired building, say barracks. You will see a bunch of train column etc and tech column etc. Just copy paste one of the trains and rename the column and rows to numbers that havent been used. (rows are 0-3, columns are 0-5 i think) Then open up the techtreex, and under the first tech(age 1) copy and paste one of the lines and have the new unit you made availbe. Hope you are getting it now.

Check out all of the mods I made here
Windstar74
Mortal
posted 04 October 2007 05:08 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Yes thank you I have downloaded the Modding Tutorial that
was a big help thanks for pointing me in the right direction..

Wind
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames