Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.37 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » 300 Modpack 2.0
Bottom
Topic Subject:300 Modpack 2.0
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Leto II
Mortal
posted 09 September 2008 05:31 AM EDT (US)         
As some of you may have read on my sign, my previous 300 Modpack 1.1 have reach more than 2000 downloads, and a rate of five stars. However that mod isn't a quality product, the textures aren't good, and the units wasn't very original, so to thank all the downloaders, I have done this:

300 MODPACK 2.0

Updates from Version 1.1:

Hero Leonidas

Strong Greek Hero, good against myth units and infantry, he no longer were the girly skirt from version 1.1, but he has been improved with manly spartan leather underware!.

The kingship usually keeps Leonidas Busy on the Town Center, or the Fortress, when playing Zeus. His prescence have a permanent attack boost to all Spartan Hoplites around him.

Spartan Hoplites

Train since their childhood to the battle, the Spartan Hoplites keep following they King wherever he goes. Good against any other infantry, they're better when figthing in groups. The most disciplined soldiers of the Ancient World, they follow the uniform that the King has adopted.

When they are not in the battle, they train in the inside of the greeks fortress, but being from the linage of Heracles, they will only come in your aid if you worship Zeus.

Persian Immortals

Fearless, soulless, the Immortals are not the bunch of old ladys they use to be in version 1.1, cause The King of Kings, The God King Xerxes is displeased with their previous fails. Now the Immortals are crueler than ever, a demonic horde carrying the black flags of their order to the battlefield, the mere precense of the Immortal boost the attack of your soldiers, who remember that they need to fear most the rage of the Immortals than the enemy in front.

The Persian Immortals come to the help of any Sha incarnated in the Pharao of Egypt, they have their quaters on the Midgol Stronghold, independently of the god you worship.

Mod Features:

• This Mod is intended to be has easy to install as possible. Because of this, there is no need to copy/paste any file or text, the installer should do it all by itself. This Mod shouldn’t affect the online and multiplayer capabilities of the downloaders.

• To achieve this, the Mod run in a different edited AOM.EXE called Ancient Warrios.EXE. This program load a new set of files instead of the normal ones.

AncientL.dll instead of language.dll
    awdat.xml and awdat.xmb instead of proto.xml and proto.xmb
    awtechtr.xml and awtechtr.xmb instead of techtree.xml and techtree.xmb
    awarriortrsfm.xml and awarriortrsfm.xmb instead of unittransform.xml and unittransform.xmb
    anwasound.xml and anwasound.xmb instead of SoundSets.xml and SoundSets.xmb

In this way the downloaders should be able to play multiplayer games with the regular AOM.EXE, and play the modded game with Ancient Warrios.EXE

• The units are intended to fit into the regular game as if they were created by ES. The Spartan Hoplites replace the Myrmidons and Hero Leonidas replace Heracles, this units are in game trainable when playing Zeus. The Persian Immortals are trainable for all Egyptian Gods on the Midgol Stronghold, along with the regular Egyptian units. There is also a second version of the Immortal that can be access trough unit transformation, called Immortal Standard Bearer. There´s also a editor only unit called Sha´an´Sha Xerxes. All this units are planned to respect the game balance, they are strong but expensive. Myrmidons and Heracles are still on the game trough the editor.

• All units have custom icons, history files, rollover text, and sounds. Units are also affected by technologies although they have no TechLogic variation. Spartan Hoplites have three face variations and two sets of models, giving six unit variations. Leonidas have two model variations. All the units have completely new models.

• In the same way that is suppose to be easily installed, the Mod should be also easily uninstalled, on your main AOM folder, you should find a uninstaller that removes the Mod files without affecting any other file or Mod.

[This message has been edited by Leto II (edited 09-09-2008 @ 06:22 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Dope
    Mortal
    posted 09 September 2008 05:35 AM EDT (US)     1 / 37       
    300 Modpack is one of the best modpacks on AoMH. I hope 2.0 will be even better.

The Ultimate Creator Of Age Of Heroes:
    ~o~ Age Of Heroes ~o~ Arkantos ~o~ Ajax ~o~
    ~o~Age Of Heroes II~o~~ Odyssues ~o~ Reginleif
    =II= Imagination =II= The Assassins =II=
    =II= Hypo Hype 2 - Animalz With Clawz =II=
    ''Age Of Heroes II is coming soon''
    Banoffee
    Mortal
    posted 09 September 2008 07:39 AM EDT (US)     2 / 37       
    Showcased ey? The units are great.
    Oshron
    Mortal
    posted 09 September 2008 10:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 37       
    cool that leonidas replaces heracles. what i would have liked for the game would have been that each major god got one hero for each age no matter what, but also got a different hero depending on what minor gods they chose(Aeneas for Aphrodite, Odysseus for Athena, Thrax for Ares, etc.)

"If you're not free, fight for your freedom. If something's holding you back, smash it. If you just accept thing in your life, nothing will change."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    MrEmjeR
    Mortal
    (id: EmjeR)
    posted 09 September 2008 12:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 37       
    amazing mod!!!!!!!!!
    two suggestions: the helmets are not realy from movie.
    and make the crest of the king black and longer.

and btw they worship Ares

>> www.EmjeR.com <<

Mods - EmjeR's eyecandy pack :: Improved Greeks look :: Ghengis Khan - Mods
    Programs - BCTool Attachpoint Editor :: BCTool :: Words - Programs
    Games - 0 AD :: Stronhold 2 :: BfME 2 - Games
    !! Proud member of WildFire Games !!

[This message has been edited by EmjeR (edited 09-09-2008 @ 12:18 PM).]

Old Bachus
    Mortal
    posted 09 September 2008 12:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 37       
    Amazing! EmjeR's right, they worshipped Ares, though they were said to be descendants of Herakles (another son of Zeus).

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
    >>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
    ~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
    >>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
    Leto II
    Mortal
    posted 09 September 2008 02:13 PM EDT (US)     6 / 37       
    Thanks for the comments!

However it seems that I need some help. This project is really big, editing the exe and all the other files is not something easy, and altough I aim to create a easy to install mod, people seems to be having problems.

I download the file, and run the installer, and it work perfect for me, can any of you EXPERIENCE MODERS, download this file and test it?, I need someone that knows what he is doing to figure out if there is any real problem.
    Old Bachus
    Mortal
    posted 09 September 2008 02:20 PM EDT (US)     7 / 37       
    Xerxes with a Gargarenis base would be a nice add for the 2.0 version.

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
    >>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
    ~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
    >>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
    Master_Foozle
    Mortal
    posted 09 September 2008 03:29 PM EDT (US)     8 / 37       
    I've playtested this mod ad it is awesome. And Leto I was actually planning to check it in-game tonight.

Epic Studios' Projects: Star Wars | SPQR | Greek Hoplites | Greek Teachings | Macedonian Phalangite
    Join now!

If you would like to see Star Wars Mod's showcase go HERE

Humans are the only varelse
    MythicRuler
    Mortal
    posted 09 September 2008 10:47 PM EDT (US)     9 / 37       
    Excellent. Glad to see people who know how to really mod well around here still. One of the best mods in a long while, great job.

Check out all of the mods I made here
    Mythos_Ruler
    Mortal
    posted 09 September 2008 11:07 PM EDT (US)     10 / 37       
    That is pretty damn cool. IMHO though I think the helmets and shields should be more bronzish. We already talked about that over MSN.
    Oshron
    Mortal
    posted 10 September 2008 06:34 PM EDT (US)     11 / 37       
    im looking forward to when this. the only thing i could possibly consider to improve this would be that the spartan hoplites have naming features like with the pharaohs and hersirs, like one would be named Stelios, another Pleistarchos, and so on

btw, leto, after this would you mind helping me with a mod? ive already got lots of written designs for it

"If you're not free, fight for your freedom. If something's holding you back, smash it. If you just accept thing in your life, nothing will change."
    Leto II
    Mortal
    posted 10 September 2008 08:10 PM EDT (US)     12 / 37       
    Mod updated to version 2.1.

@Oshron: Im very bussy, but tell me what do you need, and I give it a check
    Oshron
    Mortal
    posted 10 September 2008 08:27 PM EDT (US)     13 / 37       
    i'll upload the document with the specifications after i finish fixing it up again; im adding in details and notes for each unit, such as how individual specials should be managed and what models and sounds should be used

EDIT: i seem to have run across a serious problem. i downloaded the file and installed it, but now theres no menu on any of the exe's that i use. the exe for TT has just the background and no menu, and the AW exe has nothing at all; just the music

[This message has been edited by Oshron (edited 09-10-2008 @ 09:06 PM).]

Leto II
    Mortal
    posted 10 September 2008 10:42 PM EDT (US)     14 / 37       
    @Oshron: About 20% of the downloaders have complaint of that problem, but it doesnt happen to me, Foozle, and I guess like the other 80%.

I really want to fix it, but I cant if the problem doesnt happent to me, could you give me a list of the xmb files on you data folder?
    Oshron
    Mortal
    posted 10 September 2008 10:49 PM EDT (US)     15 / 37       
    sure thing. gimme a minute:

awarriortrsfm.xmb
    awdat.xmb
    awtechtr.xmb
    learn to play.xmb
    main campaign.xmb
    proto.xmb
    protox.xmb
    techtree.xmb
    uieditormenu.xmb
    uieditorpalettes.xmb
    uimain.xmb
    uipregamenew.xmb
    unittransform.xmb

thats all of them. i'll just play ZT2 or Carnivores while i wait

[This message has been edited by Oshron (edited 09-10-2008 @ 10:50 PM).]

aZeusdude
    Mortal
    posted 10 September 2008 10:54 PM EDT (US)     16 / 37       
    Immortals- Super cool
    Leonidas- Kinda cool
    Hoplites- Ok

As u can see, immortals win hands down. They look just like they did in the movie, seriously! Great Job!
    Leto II
    Mortal
    posted 10 September 2008 11:42 PM EDT (US)     17 / 37       
    @Oshron: The main menu is controled by the uipregamenew.XMB and uipregamenew.XML, any problem should be located there.

Usually those file are inside of data.bar, and I haven't extract those files to the data folder, that may be the main reason for this problem not happening to me.

Could you try to rename those files to anything else?, just so the game dont recognize them, and use the copies inside of the bar, that may solve the problem. Please let me know of the results.
    Oshron
    Mortal
    posted 11 September 2008 00:36 AM EDT (US)     18 / 37       
    i renamed those two files(added a capitol O at the end of each one). now i get a menu, but no background, and none of the buttons except for "Exit" work. this is on the exe in the mod, i'll go and check the TT exe now and report my findings afterwards

EDIT: TT works just fine

[This message has been edited by Oshron (edited 09-11-2008 @ 00:44 AM).]

Firefax
    Mortal
    posted 11 September 2008 03:36 AM EDT (US)     19 / 37       
    Nice job, I love the way how you texture the eyes of your mods.
    MrEmjeR
    Mortal
    (id: EmjeR)
    posted 11 September 2008 07:44 AM EDT (US)     20 / 37       
    U realy should make other helmets for the unit.
    I wanna do it if u're too busy, but then i want also some credits.

>> www.EmjeR.com <<

Mods - EmjeR's eyecandy pack :: Improved Greeks look :: Ghengis Khan - Mods
    Programs - BCTool Attachpoint Editor :: BCTool :: Words - Programs
    Games - 0 AD :: Stronhold 2 :: BfME 2 - Games
    !! Proud member of WildFire Games !!
    Leto II
    Mortal
    posted 11 September 2008 02:29 PM EDT (US)     21 / 37       
    @Firefax:Thanks!

@Emjer:Go ahead and do it if you want to, new helmets can be included in a update.

@Oshron:Im positive that is not the exe, because if that were the case, everyone should have the problem. I think that is a combination of the previous mods installed and this one.

I want to reproduce the faliure on my pc, can you send me a copy of this files:

uieditormenu.xmb
    uieditorpalettes.xmb
    uimain.xmb
    uipregamenew.xmb

Please send also the corresponding XML files to this adress: thegodemperorleto@gmail.com
    Oshron
    Mortal
    posted 11 September 2008 06:46 PM EDT (US)     22 / 37       
    i'll do my best. i'll make do with TT in the meantime

invent00r
    Mortal
    posted 12 September 2008 04:05 AM EDT (US)     23 / 37       
    This is a excellent mod. Simply one of the best. . I can see you've put a lot of work into making mod clean to install and remove. For which anyone can saftely install it without being afraid of nasty OoS. .

I open Ancient Warriors and tried to go online. I typed my username and password but I soon as I enter mpsession mode I got boot out saying Error connecting to stats server. Last saved rating will be used. .

I'm fully aware I could only play vs people that have this exact mod installed, don't worry - I was just curious if I could get it.
    -invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
    Paused: AI (%4.247)
    Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
    Leto II
    Mortal
    posted 13 September 2008 06:30 PM EDT (US)     24 / 37       
    I apreciate everyone comments, but can someone Rate it, so it doesnt get lost in the downloads page?
    Oshron
    Mortal
    posted 14 September 2008 02:31 PM EDT (US)     25 / 37       
    just so you know, leto, i sent the files to your gmail account

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames