You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: more greeks!!!!
posted 28 October 2008 11:40 PM EDT (US)   
-click the pics for full size awesomeneses-

you know who are this guys they dont need presentation...a spartan king and his guards (special thanks to Mythos_Ruler for the shields) the 2 guys with white shields are wrong...one should be red with a white symbol its just an anim error

this ones are just ramdom thespian guys not to much to say but they look cool, dont they?

this ones are athenian ekdromoi and the hero could be any of their heros..this ones are based on 0 A.D. units mainly the shields and the hero however textures are 100% done by me (even the skin base)

the aspis shield model and the cape for hoplites were made by emjer the rest (helms, crests and weapons) by me

ok the plan with this is to replace the last age special units and add the heros, spartan royal guards replace gastraphetes, ekdromos replace mymidon and hetairoi just stays as it but with different stats (and look ofcourse)

the question is...should i submit all this stuff to DLs section? i got some more stuff but this are my favs

photo album of my mods here

Deviantart
Replies:
posted 28 October 2008 11:44 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18  
Bravo. I wish someone would do this for the Norse and Eggies, they really need to be made incredible.

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
posted 28 October 2008 11:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 18  
i could but...what culture you think i like the most? xD

Deviantart
posted 29 October 2008 00:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 18  
pretty good, T31, they look very nice

"If you're not free, fight for your freedom. If something's holding you back, smash it. If you just accept thing in your life, nothing will change."
-- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
posted 29 October 2008 01:40 AM EDT (US)     4 / 18  
Inded those textures are nice. However how can you replace the Myrmidons with Ekdromos?. The Myrmidons are strong infantry, with bonus against the other cultures,and the Ekdromos are supose to be ligth infantry, auxiliars of the hoplites. In any case the Ekdromos should be something like the militias.
posted 29 October 2008 02:02 AM EDT (US)     5 / 18  
theyre not exactly like militas..they are unarmored hoplites they function was to counter ranged enemies and i think they could also work as pelstasts throwing javs to enemy armored -and slower- hoplites..the diference with the myrmidon is the special attack and the lower slash armor but they are still strong in melee combat
btw (if i decide to release something) maybe ill just add them instead of replacing the original units

Deviantart
posted 29 October 2008 03:29 AM EDT (US)     6 / 18  
awesome texture tarion!
I don't saw my name out there, I made the shield models!

>> www.EmjeR.com <<

Mods - EmjeR's eyecandy pack :: Improved Greeks look :: Ghengis Khan - Mods
Programs - BCTool Attachpoint Editor :: BCTool :: Words - Programs
Games - 0 AD :: Stronhold 2 :: BfME 2 - Games
!! Proud member of WildFire Games !!
posted 29 October 2008 10:00 AM EDT (US)     7 / 18  
then you didnt read btw you also made the cape attachment

Deviantart

[This message has been edited by tarion_31 (edited 10-29-2008 @ 10:01 AM).]

posted 29 October 2008 03:11 PM EDT (US)     8 / 18  
oh ye lol. i didn't saw cuz my name is written in minor letters: emjer. and if i search to my name i search to a word that starts and ends with major letters

>> www.EmjeR.com <<

posted 29 October 2008 05:04 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18  
Make the hippikon counter-cavalry (Give them a lance or w/e), the ekdromoi could be added as counter-archer, and the Prodromoi could be removed. Down with Macedonian units!
posted 29 October 2008 05:40 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18  
In ancient Greece "Hippeis", "Hyppikon", and "Prodromos" were interchangeable and referred to cavalry. Cavalry during the Classical age usually only skirmished before and after the battle, in the end chasing down routing enemy units. It wasn't until later times that Cavalry became an actual integral offensive arm of the army. As cavalry progressed, "Prodromoi" (which means forward runner or scout cavalry) used javelins for ranged skirmishing and the 12 foot (3.66m) xyston (the cavalry spear) for melee. The Thessalians, a Greek kingdom just North of Thermopylae, became some of the best horsemen in Greece and used spears and javelins in combat. Spears (whether wielded by infantry or cavalry) are generally countered by swords. So when ES make Hyppikons (sword cavalry) the mainline cavalry and the Prodromoi (spear cavalry) into the counter-cavalry, they got it bass ackwards. That was something I was going to change when I was planning my own Greek mod earlier this year.

The Ekdromos was a type of Hoplite that could skirmish like a peltast and also fight in a phalanx like a normal Hoplite. He didn't wear any body armour to add flexibility to his skirmishing and speed so he can chase down enemy peltasts. Ekdromoi could also possibly function as light infantry in concert with cavalry, aka "Hammipoi." The Hammipos would hold on to the horses tail or the tack or saddle blanket and run alongside friendly cavalry. When the two forces closed into a melee, the Hammipoi would duck and weave beneath the enemy horses, wielding a sword slicing open their bellies also trying to pull the horsemen off their mounts.

The Ekdromos and Hammipos styles of fighting were perfected by the Spartan "special forces" regiment called the "Skritai." These were light armoured Spartans that could skirmish as well as fight in a phalanx. These guys were the Green Berets or Navy Seals of the Spartan army.

The Athenian general Iphicrates made further refinements to Athenian hoplites by increasing the length of their spears, giving them lighter quilted linen armour and more open helmets for visibility, and a smaller shield. He also gave them leather boots for skirmishing and fighting in rough terrain (classic Armour hoplites preferred to fight in open flat fields), increasing their flexibility immensely. They proved their worth, when Iphicrates and a small army of his new Hoplites and Peltasts annihilated an entire Spartan regiment near Corinth. One of the few times the Athenians defeated the Spartans on land (another time was when they used Peltasts and Toxotes to pin down a few hundred Spartans on the island of Sphacteria, forcing the Spartans to surrender! A huge blow to the Morale of Sparta!).

BTW - these are looking most excellent. I look forward to using them. Perhaps you can add them to the "SPQR" mod pack so that we can just download one mod and maybe some of us can play it via Multiplayer.

[This message has been edited by Mythos_Ruler (edited 10-29-2008 @ 05:50 PM).]

posted 29 October 2008 07:11 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18  
i have the skiritai (on foot and on horse), regular hoplites, Alexander, Phillip, spartiates and some others but they are just not shown here
mixing mods??? no no no btw my units made to look all but similar to AOM originals dont fit with SPQR units made to fit with the existing units

Deviantart
posted 30 October 2008 04:25 AM EDT (US)     12 / 18  
tarions are just awesome!

u should scale down the ekdromoi shields! they didn't had heavy hoplite shields

>> www.EmjeR.com <<

posted 30 October 2008 10:13 AM EDT (US)     13 / 18  
they are a bit smaller, i scaled your model

Deviantart
posted 30 October 2008 03:38 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18  
posted 30 October 2008 11:48 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18  
i know you already told me that

Deviantart
posted 31 October 2008 02:47 AM EDT (US)     16 / 18  
Hooray, you've finally decided to release this!
posted 31 October 2008 10:33 AM EDT (US)     17 / 18  
no i just decied to show it ..maybe i release something..maybe not hahaha

Deviantart
posted 02 November 2008 05:58 PM EDT (US)     18 / 18  
Looks real great, I especially like the Thespian units.

Before now lies a legend
| BLACKGUARD SHOWCASE |

THE JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » more greeks!!!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames