You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding » The Two Towers
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Two Towers
Stephen Caines
Citizen
posted 13 August 2009 01:29 PM EDT (US)         
It started a journey that we can only admire ...

It started with a bunch of kids five years ago. Some died, some grew up, some had families.

The rest joined forces and challenged the Modding standards of the day.

They started a project based on the best fantasy movie around at the time.

And embarked on an adventure

They discovered that some friends were enemies

.. and that some enemies were friends

They then joined forces on a quest

That led to worst of worlds ...

And the best ...

But with the challenges of life the quest faltered ..

.. and the Fellowship faltered also ...

But Lars had promised to see the task through ..

.. and searched for the strange modding creature that might help him on his quest ...

... and then the fellowship lived on ...

... and new and strange allies were found ..

.. and the adventure continued ..

... and the forces of good reunited ...

... and continued the quest

... and found new companions ..

...to challenge the evil Rider in his fortress of LFS (my bad Sebastian) ...

... and So Newbies grew up and rode off to their new challenge ...

... the old realised they were strong ...

... the young realised that Middle Earth was worth fighting for ...

... and perchance the Hobbits will continue their quest???

...... TBC

[This message has been edited by Stephen Caines (edited 10-11-2009 @ 07:22 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Inazuma
Citizen
posted 13 August 2009 05:44 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20       
Excellent job Stephen. I see that Lars passed on my advise to you about naming the topic something to do with LOTR

I will forever be awed by your guys' work.

DeviantArt | Me | Liquid Fire

~ I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning its motives ~

Silicone Ruff Jr
Citizen
posted 13 August 2009 07:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 20       
WE MUST DEFEND THE COLON!

_/o___
_(__\____
AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN __\^^\)___ AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN
__"\_____
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven" ____(_\___
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven"
Stephen Caines
Citizen
posted 13 August 2009 10:04 PM EDT (US)     3 / 20       
Yes I left that in during testing, as I figured Guardian (who usually is meticulous with his spelling) did it as a joke! Maybe I should check??
pBiggZ
Citizen
(id: P_J_B)
posted 13 August 2009 10:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20       
COOL!

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
DayoftheNinja
Citizen
posted 17 August 2009 01:49 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20       
Hmm... I never really considered it when I was inexperienced, but depending on how long this continues for, I may be able to help out.

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r
Stephen Caines
Citizen
posted 17 August 2009 01:57 AM EDT (US)     6 / 20       
Well I'm trying to find out what RoTK stuff still exists and then I be calling for volunteers.
MrEmjeR
Citizen
(id: EmjeR)
posted 18 August 2009 11:12 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20       
i was thinking...: i miss the cinimatic models can't or won't you make custom ones??

>> www.EmjeR.com <<

Mods - EmjeR's eyecandy pack :: Improved Greeks look :: Ghengis Khan - Mods
Programs - BCTool Attachpoint Editor :: BCTool :: Words - Programs
Games - 0 AD :: Stronhold 2 :: BfME 2 - Games
!! Proud member of WildFire Games !!
Inazuma
Citizen
posted 19 August 2009 04:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20       
You mean high poly models?

Who do you think we are?

~ I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning its motives ~

Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 19 August 2009 05:22 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20       
Great work.

The 2nd and last shots look the most like the movie.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
The God of Gods
Citizen
posted 22 August 2009 02:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20       
If you really wanna make high poly models, EmjeR, be my guest.

There's one more scenario that needs to be finished and then the campaign is about complete, I think. Of course, we'll re-test for additional bugs etc. But we're finally almost there.

And by the way, my misspelling of the word "column" was because in Dutch, my native language, the similar word is "kolonne". It's one to remember in any case.

• Me = Guardian of Isis/The God of Gods.
  • All my projects are Kronos' Revenge (DL), Dark City (DL), Legends of the Third Age (FotR) | (TTT: 99%) | (RotK: On hold).
  • Check my Site and Guestbook.

MEMBER OF LIQUID FIRE STUDIOS
  • [This message has been edited by The God of Gods (edited 08-22-2009 @ 02:05 PM).]

EaZy
    Citizen
    (id: EazY_Ben)
    posted 13 September 2009 09:07 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20       
    Dude....I'm so proud to see that you guys went on to finish this. I can't wait to play it. Can one of you give me an email or a shout when its released?

Awesome guys...

Ben
    Mythos_Ruler
    Citizen
    posted 13 September 2009 10:38 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20       
    "We must defend the colon!"

Made me chuckle. I think you meant "column"? A colon is inside your rectum.
    JDmino
    Citizen
    posted 15 September 2009 02:36 AM EDT (US)     13 / 20       
    Cool, this looks great!

The lord of all living beings, holder of the Ilvatar
    ~My Heavens~
    AoMH
    SpH
    DoFH
    Also, I am here.
    ulfsarkantos
    Citizen
    posted 17 September 2009 02:34 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20       
    This really looks great.
    xEXOLARx
    Citizen
    posted 22 September 2009 09:38 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20       
    Woah stephan canes, its like meeting god on earth! And im Athiest!

your aome is really cool Is their someway I can make it work online? Could I use Tasev's mod manager?

My Upcoming website!
    The Black Hand RPG - Revived
    Join my Facebook Group :P
    Nazi Zombie Verukkt sound files
    Mess With The BesT DiE LiKe ThE ReST
    Argh!! It's EXOLAR not xEXOLARx get it right!!
    Stephen Caines
    Citizen
    posted 11 October 2009 07:21 AM EDT (US)     16 / 20       
    Alas the Fellowship has broken, I got into this for the Modding and still think LoME is pretty cool in that respect.

I have tried to make TTT happen in recent times (and play it constantly), but the last reminant of the LTA Team has unfortunately moved on.

If Lars gives the nod I will post the TTT (and FOTR converted) scenarios on Diino, if not there will be a gap as I want to move on to ROTK - before trying to get a Hobbit Campaign to market before the movie (just need the actors faces).

Until then, any fixes/adds for LoME will continue to get posted to Diino, along with anything else thay LTA allows out.

To all of those who have supported and inspired this project - mi discpiace - but then again you'll have my email and may inadvertently get the work in progress!

Some ROTK teasers ...

[This message has been edited by Stephen Caines (edited 10-11-2009 @ 08:52 AM).]

DayoftheNinja
    Citizen
    posted 12 October 2009 00:55 AM EDT (US)     17 / 20       
    Oh god, at the start of that post I thought you were saying this was over. Well if you're doing RotK and Hobbit then it should hopefully be going long enough for me to be able to join in and help out in some way. Anyways, nice screens, though ents seem a liiitle small .

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
    "It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
    -Lord Tahattus
    "Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
    -invent00r
    Mythic_Commodore
    Ministerialis
    posted 14 October 2009 11:54 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20       
    Hello there, Stephen Caines! I am glad to see that you are continuing your epic work, and I wish you the best of luck in your project. Thank you for all the fun hours spent in Middle-Earth!

mythic

Cyclohexane - it's what's for dinner!
    Inazuma
    Citizen
    posted 16 October 2009 07:11 AM EDT (US)     19 / 20       
    Alas the Fellowship has broken, I got into this for the Modding and still think LoME is pretty cool in that respect.

I have tried to make TTT happen in recent times (and play it constantly), but the last reminant of the LTA Team has unfortunately moved on.
    This is confusing What do you mean the last remnant of the LTA team has moved on? Has Lars stopped working?

Stephen Caines
    Citizen
    posted 16 November 2009 04:14 AM EDT (US)     20 / 20       
    How depressing, three people even care

Anyway, Lars and I have finally had some free time, so we want to launch The Two Towers - and I am still planning to do ROTK and the Hobbit.

What we need now is some Beta game testers.

To test the game you will need to have the latest version of Legends of Middle Earth, which is available at Diino.com, username = lomefiles, password = guardian. The release is about 120MB, with updates a lot smaller (and hopefully the 3.10 patch is the last!

By this weekend, the beta release of the scenarios will be available, and we want a bunch of people to playtest it.

If you are interested please email me at stephencaines@impulse.net.au and I will send you the additional login details for the scenario folder.

What we want from you is constructive feedback on bugs and playability. The campaign comprises 15 scenarios, and you will probably need to commit 30-40 hours to the task.

Look forward to hearing from volunteers!

Stephen and Lars
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames