You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding » How do I add unit mods to the game?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do I add unit mods to the game?
Baneraz0r
Citizen
posted 09 March 2018 05:44 AM EDT (US)         
I've been trying for hours and I've made absolutely no progress. There are no videos covering this at all. Well there are TWO on YouTube and all they do is show you how to DOWNLOAD (loool) a mod and the other only shows you how to add a simple mod to the game. There is not a single one that shows you how to add more complex Unit mods. Like The Smite Scylla or Bacchus mods that contain many folders.

I'm dying here someone please help me.
AuthorReplies:
Izalith
Citizen
(id: Lilitu)
posted 09 March 2018 06:17 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Dont the downloaded mods have the same folder structure as the game?

The anim file to the anim folder, the protox to data, textures to tex and weird ones to the model folder (brg or sth)?

I'm on phone so I cant rly download and look it up, but if u list what files u got from the smite I may help if still needed.

There is a wikia article on file extensionswhichw might tell you what goes where. http://ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/File_System_(Age_of_Mythology)

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 03-09-2018 @ 06:20 AM).]

Baneraz0r
Citizen
posted 09 March 2018 06:35 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
"Dont the downloaded mods have the same folder structure as the game?"

I have no clue because every single video that even attempts to explain how to add mods to the game. Are not unit mods and do not contain a single folder. Meanwhile I'm over here trying to add Smite's Scylla into the game and this mod has over 8 different folders for the Standard Scylla alone. There is no tutorial on what I am supposed to do after I download the unit mod. At this point I'm not sure if I am adding a new unit to the game or replacing an existent one. I see that there are anim and etc. folders as well. But those also contain 5 versions each and I have no clue which version to put those files in. There is also a folder that says "mods" but I've got no clue how to access anything from in there if I am even supposed to for a unit mod. This is really frustrating.

If there was a video covering this or even a notepad with instructions I'd be a lot happier. But instead I've spent the past 3 hours with not even a hint of success.
Izalith
Citizen
(id: Lilitu)
posted 09 March 2018 06:46 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
There is an animfolder in the modfolder and an animfolder in the game folder. Put the contents of first into the second one and so on. Or just drag and drop all the folders at once into the game folder and click "yes" on integrate, so that windows does the same automatically for you.

If there is a protox u get a new unit, if no you replace an existing one.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 03-09-2018 @ 06:47 AM).]

Baneraz0r
Citizen
posted 09 March 2018 06:59 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
"animfolder", "modfolder"

I do not have these folders.

https://ibb.co/fwJtNn

Here is a link to my current predicament. I even have the Winrar right next to it. This is all I've got. Where am I supposed to go from here? Ideally I would only like to add Standard Scylla into the game but if I have to add the other skins then I'll do it.

EDIT: It's been two hours or so since I last posted an image of where I am currently at when trying to figure out where to put these files. Lol I still need help. Don't let me get bodied.

[This message has been edited by Baneraz0r (edited 03-09-2018 @ 08:59 AM).]

XLightningStormL
Citizen
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 09 March 2018 10:14 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
it's the /mods/ folder

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
WollieWoltaz
Citizen
posted 09 March 2018 10:44 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
These mods are not for the Extended Edition version on steam. These are for the Titans version.

All of my Modpacks:
Download here at AomHeaven.
Subscribe in the workshop for the Extended Edition version.
Baneraz0r
Citizen
posted 09 March 2018 10:57 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
"These mods are not for the Extended Edition version on steam. These are for the Titans version."

Wait really? So unless I get the Titans version I cannot use them? Well I feel like that is a whole lot of hours that I've wasted... Lol well while I get the Titans version. What steps do I need to take to get it to work there?

EDIT: I now have The Titans version

[This message has been edited by Baneraz0r (edited 03-09-2018 @ 11:14 AM).]

WollieWoltaz
Citizen
posted 10 March 2018 06:17 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
If you wanna add all of the scylla skins you need to put everything in the corresponding folders e.g. models to models folder, textures in the textures folder, anim in the anim folder etc... This is the easy part. Now for the data you need to do iy a bit different. This includes the data.txt file, soundsets-xpack and unittransform.xml.
Copy everything thats inside the data file and paste it at the bottom of your own protox.xml file save it!
Copy everything thats inside the soundsets-xpack file and paste it at the bottom of your own soundsets-xpack.
This also applies for the unittransform file.
If you dont have the protox/unittransform/soundsets-xpack xml files you need to extract them out of the .bar files. To do this you need to download vachu's bar explorer and extract the files as an XMB file, then you convert those 3 files to an .XML file with AoMED thats a litte program wich you can download here also om aomheaven. Then put the unittransform.xml, protox.xml into the data folder and put the soundsets-xpack into the sound folder. Hope this helps you on the right way.

All of my Modpacks:
Download here at AomHeaven.
Subscribe in the workshop for the Extended Edition version.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames