You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding » Letting any unit gather
Bottom
Topic Subject:Letting any unit gather
Apoc2077
Mortal
posted 13 March 2018 08:16 AM EDT (US)         
I am trying to make a survivalist mod which requires me to have a single unit that can build, gather, pick up relics and the like.

My original idea was to copy the Hersir information from the proto and just add what is needed for a gathering type unit considering they already have the capability to build.

I managed to give them the option to gather and the icons show when I mouse over resources but if I order them to gather they don't react at all.

If I can't figure it out maybe it would just be easier to copy the Villager Atlantean Hero and work from there...

Do I need to change something with the AI?
Is there certain flags or unittypes I need?
AuthorReplies:
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 13 March 2018 08:24 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
I once modded that Ulfsarks could go hunt/collect food from dead animals and wear that as a "meatshield".

Did you put anything in the anim file for when the unit is supposed to be gathering? On the action "gather" it searches for the "gather" animation if I remember correctly. You can just copy any other anim and rename it to "gather" to make it work. Check how it's done with villagers but use Hersir animations.

I also had Servants fishing, Caladria Caravans and building Automatons.. maybe that gives you some ideas. Mostly I didn't like to use anims which they we're already using for something else. So maybe add some SFX or something to the unit to show what it's doing. Though building-gathering should be not too weird.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 03-13-2018 @ 08:55 AM).]

Apoc2077
Mortal
posted 14 March 2018 11:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I can't seem to get it to work do you still have your mod?
Callistonian
Mortal
posted 15 March 2018 01:12 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
As Izalith said, you need to have actions in the unit's anim file to match the actions defined in the proto. Almost every type of proto action has a corresponding anim action, you can find a list here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821258879

Short of making new animations for your unit in 3ds Max, you will need to assign BRG or GRN animations for your unit for all of the actions it doesn't currently use. I recommend using a villager-like unit such as Prisoner or just a villager for this reason (as opposed to trying to make a military unit like Hersir have villager actions). The villager already has almost every conceivable animation and you can simply retexture and change attachments in the anim for upgrades.

Yes, unittypes do affect a unit's ability to perform certain actions. You will just have to experiment with that because I don't think anyone has a good list of exactly what all the unittypes do although you can try checking here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

I had a similar idea for a Castaway-type scenario a few years back although we weren't even going to use anim modding, just trigger the unit to transform for upgrades.
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 15 March 2018 04:33 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
I dont have that mod anymore, it evolved away from gathering ulfs. The available version has Automatons build buildings linked to a copy of their repair animation without the glow. I could show you that. The mod is a Voobly-Mod called Diversity.

However I found my old post on that: http://www.rts-sanctuary.com/RTS-Sanctuary/showtopic=230469&view=findpost&p=2472090

It doesn't say anything too interesting, but tells of a bug I had with the hunting Ulfsark. He would gather food from animals without/before killing them.

And as Callistonian said, check the unittypes. Maybe you need abstractVillager or something if there are no gathering related ones.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 03-15-2018 @ 04:40 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames