You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding » Very easy to do and useful
Bottom
Topic Subject:Very easy to do and useful
Sincro988
Mortal
posted 26 May 2018 05:12 PM EDT (US)         
I would do it if I knew anything about scripting
You know the RM king of the hill? Can someone make it so it genereates the Ghost Lake version every time rather than sometimes the ice OR water OR cliff? this would be a great version for the ones who don't like the voult surrounded by buildings
AuthorReplies:
Callistonian
Mortal
posted 27 May 2018 07:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
If you're using the Extended Edition, make a new mod in your mods folder called whatever you want, make a rm2 subfolder, make a "version2.4" subfolder inside that. Put a copy of "king of the hill.xs" in that folder. Open up your copied XS file, scroll past the triggers part and find the lines that say:

int terrainChance = 0;
/* Greek = 0, Egyptian = 1, Norse = 2 */

if(terrainType < 0.4)
{
terrainChance = 0;
rmEchoInfo("terrain type "+terrainType+" terrain chance "+terrainChance+ " Greek");
}
else if(terrainType < 0.6)
{
terrainChance = 1;
rmEchoInfo("terrain type "+terrainType+" terrain chance "+terrainChance+ " Egyptian");
}
else
{
terrainChance = 2;
rmEchoInfo("terrain type "+terrainType+" terrain chance "+terrainChance+ " Norse");
}

Now what you want to do is replace all this with:
   int terrainChance = 2;
/* Greek = 0, Egyptian = 1, Norse = 2 */

That's it. Just delete all the if/else stuff and set the int to 2. You can leave the /* bit that tells you what each number will do. You can also post this mod on the workshop if you like, I suspect some people may want the KotH split into three RMS. But if you do that, I suggest you also make new icons for each RMS because the vanilla one is clearly for the Greek variant.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames