You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding » Removing hints?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Removing hints?
King DiNido
Mortal
posted 27 May 2018 09:30 AM EDT (US)         
Any way to remove this from displaying every time you set gather points or start building...?

https://i.imgur.com/r8Xm3rs.jpg

I doesn't seem to find where hints like this are listed in the uimain.xml file.
AuthorReplies:
Callistonian
Mortal
posted 27 May 2018 06:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
In en-language.txt, you will find a line
17119 "Left click to place building foundation."

If you replace it with
17119 " "

The yellow tool tip will not show up. You can do this for all the other yellow tool tips although this building foundations one is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

However, I don't know how one would turn these "yellow tool tips" into regular tool tips which look a lot nicer and are more out of the way. I did a search for the line number and the text but the only UI files that came up were uimain and uieditormenu but I can't find anything in either that controls these "yellow tool tips". My guess is that it is in UI main but I just can't find it. I'm skeptical that something like this would be hard coded.
King DiNido
Mortal
posted 28 May 2018 04:03 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Yep, you're truly right. Its hard-coded in either dll's or perhaps the game executable so you can't turn it into a regular hint or fiddle with colours. At first I thought I'd make that bigger and change yellow to something brighter - white for example. But whatever.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames