You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding » Creating a new unit Decal question
Bottom
Topic Subject:Creating a new unit Decal question
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 15 September 2018 10:18 PM EDT (US)         
Hey, I have been trying to create a brand new unit, but I am having trouble creating new decal files. ReplaceTexture doesn't work with them.

Mosaic

This Roman mosaic replaces an existing unit. But I want to create an all new unit without replacing anything. Is there a special tool for that? I am using the EE version.
AuthorReplies:
TAG
AoMH Seraph
(id: aom expert)
posted 30 September 2018 09:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
know anything about proto/x editing?

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 07 October 2018 06:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       

Sorry for the late reply,
Yes I know about proto/x editing. I did texture editing before. But I haven't managed to change the texture for ground textures.

As you can see I have already done some proto editing:

Mosaic

I created brand new living Statues, and the ground mosaic is actually a brand new unit.

I also added blue light to Lampades.
TAG
AoMH Seraph
(id: aom expert)
posted 08 October 2018 02:19 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
When creating a new unit you just create a new block in the protox that uses a new unit ID and database ID. The database ID refers to the language.Dll file I believe. if you don't have a name in the language file you can just use an X in place of the id in the protox, but the name will have "***" before it.

But anyway, just use other units in the protox as a template. as long as you dont duplicate an id you should see it in the game (of course you would at least need an anim file and model to go along with it.)

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 08 October 2018 07:40 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Thank your for your help. I got quite far with this object. But I am still not sure how the object will grab the texture file. It's grabbing the shadow map, of the farm which I am using as a template. But I can't create my own textures for ground objects. ReplaceTexture doesn't seem to work on farms.

I tried everything, but I am still not sure, how the DDT file is connected to the brg and mtrl files.

Mosaic

[This message has been edited by WinterGod (edited 10-08-2018 @ 07:43 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames