You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding » Taking files from EE and using them on the old version.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Taking files from EE and using them on the old version.
Zeus52
Mortal
posted 21 December 2018 06:37 AM EDT (US)         
Is it possible to take files from EE and import them into the old disk version. More specifically I'm wanting to but the Golem myth unit into the old version of the game. Can it be done and if so are there any EE to original modding guides? Thanks and Merry Christmas!
AuthorReplies:
Zeus52
Mortal
posted 31 December 2018 01:30 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Okay, I finally found (after much hunting) the files for the golem myth unit from steam. However, the texture appears black and when I try to convert it using AoMed it says that type of ddt shouldn't exists.

To make a long story short, could anyone please send me the AoM EE version of the golem's texture (as a bmp) and I can try and add it into the old game. The old verison of the texture left in there doesn't align properly with the new model.

Thanks.

P.S. I also wouldn't mind the higher res griffin map too if anyone can supply that (since the original game only has the low res one left in the game files).

[This message has been edited by Zeus52 (edited 12-31-2018 @ 09:36 AM).]

Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 31 December 2018 12:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
In the EE there is one folder tools which has converters for the DDT stuff.

From Loggy I got some python scripts which can use the converters. Basically you need to have installed Python no your PC and then doubleclick one of the *.py files to accomplish some conversion from one folder content into another one.

I'm not sure on which do what or where to put what file anymore, but I uploaded what my tools folder looks like for you. So you can try with the python files to convert stuff. If you know a bit of coding right click and edit on the *.py file gives you what it does.

Apparently:
extractall.py will read from the in folder and put into the out folder

in the tga-here folder it looks like tgas are put into .. ehrm, compile textures por out dunno.

Here's the upload (it's my zipped tools folder): https://ufile.io/a2g47
there are already some tgas and ddts flying around which I didn't delete, hope it doesn't confuse much.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb
Zeus52
Mortal
posted 31 December 2018 09:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Thanks for the heads up. I can't download the link you sent me. I tried converting the golem texture using the EE tools supplied (along with the AoM Texture Converter) and this is what I got.

https://imgur.com/B4Y8CqV

Looks a bit weird.Not sure how to get the texture converted to a bmp in original condition.

[This message has been edited by Zeus52 (edited 12-31-2018 @ 09:54 PM).]

Izalith
Mortal
posted 01 January 2019 07:14 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
how can u not download it?

Besides learning on how to use the python scripts to convert files around for EE I dunno much on how any of it works. IIrc the old and EE files are not interchangeable though, which is why you ran into problems with AoMeD.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Zeus52
Mortal
posted 01 January 2019 08:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I did finally manage to get it downloaded via internet explorer (chrome blocked it previously).

I did try this tool already, but for some reason it doesn't work on my PC. When I click on the texture extractor it opens a black window (similar to MSDOS) for a second and then closes it again. No idea what's going on.

[This message has been edited by Zeus52 (edited 01-01-2019 @ 08:44 PM).]

Izalith
Mortal
posted 01 January 2019 11:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Yeah that's what happens to me too and it's correct. It's the scripts working.

Like extractall.py will convert from the folder IN and put the results in the folder OUT. Have the correct files in the correct folder, double click to see the black window for a second, then check for the converted files in the other folder.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 06 January 2019 08:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Avoid using ToTD-exclusive units, or any other EE-exclusive units, would be illegal.

Alpha/beta units are fine.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames