You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Need Help removing the blackness under the beautiful tree
Bottom
Topic Subject:Need Help removing the blackness under the beautiful tree
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 31 January 2019 10:08 PM EDT (US)         

Hey everyone,

I am trying to remove the blackness under this tree

tree

The name of the blackness is: "SPC X Gaia Tree shadow" I tried replacing the texture, but there is no way to make it transparent.

It's located inside the "spc x gaia tree_idle"
I can't remove the shadow from the object, and I am not actually sure if it's possible to do that without a 3D software.

Any help is appreciated.

I also need to make the rain visible again, but that's another issue.
AuthorReplies:
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 17 February 2019 03:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
It was likely lost in the conversions from TT textures to EE textures when they enhanced them. I wouldn't know a practical fix but maybe someone else might.

Same deal with the rain.

There may be people out there that know exactly what the devs did when the did their conversions, I used to have an idea but it's been too long.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 17 February 2019 05:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
I fixed it using one of existing Aom textures. I still don't understand how and why I can't create true alpha textures. for objects.
XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 17 February 2019 11:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Extended Edition doesn't support partial transparency anymore (I assume because of the blasted .mrtl system that was added for no reason)

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames