You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Website Feedback
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, Elrich

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Website Feedback » Add submission support for 7zip files.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Add submission support for 7zip files.
WollieWoltaz
Mortal
posted 24 June 2017 08:50 AM EDT (US)         
Would it be possible for the moderators to include the option for submitting 7zip files to AoMHeaven? 7zip is a much more effecient compressing program then for example winrar.

Regards,

[This message has been edited by WoolieWOolz (edited 06-24-2017 @ 08:51 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 25 June 2017 03:44 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
.zip is the standard format for submission to the downloads section. If your files are within the size limit you can submit them as one .zip file.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
WollieWoltaz
Mortal
posted 25 June 2017 05:48 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Yes that's right, but what about .7z?
When I compress a file with winrar to make a .zip file it is bigger then when I compress it with 7zip to make a .7z file.

Those are two seperate compression programs.
Can you include this?
TAG
AoMH Seraph
(id: aom expert)
posted 27 June 2017 06:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Do you have Windows? I think it comes with its own zip handling.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
WollieWoltaz
Mortal
posted 28 June 2017 02:43 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Yes I have windows. You think? I tried with winrar and another program and when those programs compressed a file,the file is much bigger then when I compress with 7zip. Maybe one of you try it out yourself. With this option you can submit even larger files with better compression. I think it is a great option to include.
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 29 June 2017 10:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
I agree, .7z is more advanced and 7zip even faster in compressing/decompressing. Dis is the future.

There are a lot of people who are bad with computers, it was hard enough to explain zip to them.. so add a link to 7zip or something if windows cant do it on it's own by now.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
WollieWoltaz
Mortal
posted 29 June 2017 03:15 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
I hope the moderaters consider this en maybe even trying to implement the 7zip submission. It's indeed more advanced...
TAG
AoMH Seraph
posted 16 July 2017 09:07 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
I will bring this up with the higher ups and see what they say.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
WollieWoltaz
Mortal
posted 16 July 2017 09:58 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
Good to hear. I'll wait for an answer.
TAG
AoMH Seraph
posted 19 July 2017 09:52 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
While we wait for an answer I'm just a little perplexed because so far you haven't mentioned Windows's own zipping feature. You are aware it has one right?

Check out my YouTube
WollieWoltaz
Mortal
posted 19 July 2017 11:48 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Yes I'm aware of it and I didn't mentioned it because I already tried that method and it will have the same size as when I compress it with Winrar.
Only 7-zip will compress it better then these 2 methods.
It's a reasonable change in file size when compressing it with 7-zip.

So hopefully it could be done.
TAG
AoMH Seraph
posted 23 July 2017 08:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
Did it myself.

You're all set.

Check out my YouTube
WollieWoltaz
Mortal
posted 24 July 2017 11:11 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
Okay thanks. Appreciate it! Will give it a try when my mod is done.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames