You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, Elrich

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » News » Tale of the Dragon Release Date Confirmed!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Tale of the Dragon Release Date Confirmed!
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 04 January 2016 10:17 PM EDT (US)         

We now have a confirmed release date for the expansion!

That date is...

*drumroll*

January 28th, 2016

That's right, in less than four weeks the long-anticipated expansion will be upon us, and the Chinese civilization will become a reality in the game! Stay tuned afterwards for exciting updates and changes to AoMH!

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 01-12-2016 @ 03:54 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 04 January 2016 11:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
excellent...

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
Sword of Scarlet
Citizen
posted 05 January 2016 11:01 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
lol if i dont get my cambridge offer at least i have something to do... i literally have to do no work to meet my other offers

Hi
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 05 January 2016 11:51 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
What a wonderful life you have.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Yiome
Citizen
posted 11 January 2016 10:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
XLightningStormL
Citizen
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 12 January 2016 01:36 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
It's been changed back to the 28th Jan

Ik it sucks

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 12 January 2016 03:15 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Well at least they're not releasing a half finished expansion.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-12-2016 @ 03:26 PM).]

SwordOfValor
Knight
posted 13 January 2016 09:42 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
So many years too late.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
pBiggZ
Citizen
(id: P_J_B)
posted 13 January 2016 10:37 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
im interested in seeing if they just added a bunch of content or if they actually did some back end work.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
XLightningStormL
Citizen
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 13 January 2016 10:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
The only "Backend" work they did was probably just adding 1 new civ (rather than make 2 other unused civs for modders), new attack/protoanimtypes.

If I was Cysion I would be releasing dev blogs every week at this point, we got jack s**t dev blogs until November, and even then, It was only one sh***y dev blog about Nakamura's bullshit changes (while everyone on Reddit and Steam were kissing their arses because of the trauma from how bad AoMEE was optimized)

Worse Case Scenario:
- New "Balance" Changes that force competitive gameplay, and rushing down your throat.
- Probably a new crappy AI that is hard on easy, and satan himself on titan
- a new campaign, filled with sh***y RPG levels, shitty fixed force maps going from a-z with 4 units vs 7 armies, and no allies, cluttered maps, crappy heroes, reused plot points and reused ideas and crap from AoM/AoK, entirely filled with the new civ, and no continuity but a wink (Enemy to ally wanting a castle built in their town in ten minutes, or a trader wanting 2000 gold for a market, when you could build one yourself for 300 wood or horses or someshit)
- Some new RMS maps that are just rehashes of RTS-Sanctuary AoM Random Maps
- New campaign only content
- Bad Optimization, very weak balance, OOS s**t, bugs and lag galore.
- No Alpha/Beta stuff, even though MS has a big ass archive of all the stuff ES, and every other MS game company made, that didn't make it into their games.
- No new content for pre-existing civilizations (new techs, units, etc)
- More fanboys defending a sh***y expansion (most of them the elite players whom are payed to claim the expansion is great, like all those so called "reviews" AoF got)

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
pBiggZ
Citizen
(id: P_J_B)
posted 14 January 2016 12:50 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Yeah adding civs isn't backend work thats content.

By back end I mean did they add new graphics options, optimize old code, clean up the net code, solve OOS errors, add in dynamic lighting (which was removed in alpha), etc.

These were the system requirements for age of mythology back in the day
The minimum system requirements for Age of Mythology: The Titans are:
One of the following operating systems
Windows 98
Windows Millennium Edition (Me)
Windows 2000
Windows XP
Multimedia computer with a Pentium 450 MHz-or-higher processor.
128 MB of RAM.
16 MB 3D video card.
Approximately 450 MB of available hard-disk space.
32x CD-ROM Drive.
56.6 kbps or better for Internet play.
We've may or may not have made a handful of advances in computer science in the last 10 years.

Hey worst case scenario we have a glorified AOM mod. I can think of worse things to have.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8

[This message has been edited by pBiggz (edited 01-14-2016 @ 12:52 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames