Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » News » The unfolding of the ToTD minor gods
Bottom
Topic Subject:The unfolding of the ToTD minor gods
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 21 January 2016 09:21 PM EDT (US)         
Who is this figure?

Find out at the "gods" page for the Tale of the Dragon on forgottenempires.net! Details on special units and techs included!

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 01-22-2016 @ 12:11 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
FrostGiant
Citizen
posted 22 January 2016 04:52 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
First

I gotta say, as excited as I am for this new addition, I'm prepared for disappointment. I saw they initially stated that all the units that were being added were going to be new and built from scratch. But I can already tell from the screenshots that the tigers are remade lions, the monkey kings are just upscaled monkeys and the undead MUs look like redone shades. The building also just look like modified Greek buidlings. This is supiciously beginning to look a big mod more than an expansion
XLightningStormL
Citizen
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 22 January 2016 06:58 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Wasn't AoKHD The Forgotten a mod? Then AoAK actually proved the dev's could do better?

Honestly I blame the lack of good, proper modeller's

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
FrostGiant
Citizen
posted 22 January 2016 10:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
War salamander as a MU is awesome, but again another myth unit that looks remodelled. The salamander looks like a reskinned petasuchos/crocodile What happened to units from scratch?!
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 22 January 2016 11:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
I don't see why people are complaining they're not completely from scratch. I don't mind similar models as long as they are cool units.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
FrostGiant
Citizen
posted 23 January 2016 11:52 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
I like most of the new MUs (their specials sound original and cool) and looking forward to trying them out, but visual differentiation was the keystone of AoM and what set it aside from AoE. All the units and buildings are different from one another. Apart from nemean lion and sphinx sharing a base model, all other MUs are unique, which to me at least, makes them that much cooler.
XLightningStormL
Citizen
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 24 January 2016 01:45 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
People, they were saying this is a glorified mod are now correct.

It is indeed a glorified mod.

But then again Age of Empires II HD: The Forgotten, was also a glorified mod.

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
Hyena of Set
Citizen
posted 24 January 2016 05:45 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
salamander doesn't look too mythological?

years ago i had thought if i could make my own aom, Petsuchos would be able to fight on both land and water.
FrostGiant
Citizen
posted 25 January 2016 03:25 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Where's today's God unveiling? I thought they were daily:/
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames