You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, Elrich

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.35 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » News » Less than 48 hours until the expansion is here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Less than 48 hours until the expansion is here!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 26 January 2016 02:46 PM EDT (US)         
Excitement is building across the heaven - we have less than 48 hours of waiting left before we get to enjoy AoM's most recent expansion pack.
With the ForgottenEmpires team showing off some mighty fine artwork in two of the mythic age minor gods, we can look forward to the full set of gods being revealed in the coming days.

Check out the gods page at FogottenEmpires here. I'm delighted to see the inferno god power made it in to this expansion as it was previously a hidden icon in the original game. The tsunami god power also looks epic.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-26-2016 @ 02:47 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Eurotool
Hero
posted 26 January 2016 07:39 PM EDT (US)     1 / 35       
I'm delighted to see the inferno god power made it in to this expansion as it was previously a hidden icon in the original game.
What do you mean? Have they changed it? The one I see still uses Artemis's chimera tech icon.

The "Great Flood" god power is also a cropped version of Poseidon artwork.

With enlarged apes and crocodiles as myth units, and retextured gastraphetes, it really looks like the development was hit by austerity measures. Fortunately, the minor gods artworks really look good.

▬▬▬▬▬▬
pBiggZ
Citizen
(id: P_J_B)
posted 26 January 2016 09:51 PM EDT (US)     2 / 35       
Whats with the hate this expansion keeps getting from you guys? At worst its a content heavy mod. That's not a bad thing, and it is likely better than that.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
XLightningStormL
Citizen
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 26 January 2016 11:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 35       
@Eurotool
And Retextured Apep units from the MP Alpha with modified heads, rather than just make a new unit model from scratch.

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
CountErfeit
Citizen
posted 27 January 2016 00:30 AM EDT (US)     4 / 35       
Whats with the hate this expansion keeps getting from you guys? At worst its a content heavy mod. That's not a bad thing, and it is likely better than that.
What do you mean by content? I hope you're not referring to the campaign haha - I'm sure the aom campaigns took a huge amount of time and talent, but training 5 archers and picking a few berries etc. every few minutes in "rpg" style, to me, is like playing frisbee with a playing card (instead of playing a card game...during which you could then throw as many "card frisbees" as you'd like ). Personally, I can live/carry out all my "campaign play fantasies" in regular (single or multiplayer) gameplay lol. (I respect campaign players and anyone's wish to play it, however, as I understand that persistence/skill are a part of it.)

Or did you mean that the GAME(play) content is what matters (over semi-extraneous game art)?

^If so, I would tend to agree with you (although the age series always had great taste and a nice "historical" all-pervading atmosphere (like a good but not-always-accurate period film would).

[This message has been edited by CountErfeit (edited 01-27-2016 @ 00:33 AM).]

ConMeo
Citizen
posted 27 January 2016 03:56 AM EDT (US)     5 / 35       
I'm hoping for a promotion on Steam to get both AoM:EE and AoM:EE:TotD... Ain't gonna pay 50 euros for it.
Out Reach
Citizen
(id: newreach268)
posted 27 January 2016 10:37 AM EDT (US)     6 / 35       
Less the 24 hours to go:

- Still don't have details on the bonuses/god powers of the 3 major gods. Frankly this should have been spoiled first.
- All minors gods haven't been spoiled yet.
- Still don't know what the Chinese recourse drop off site is (Greek/Egypt/Norse/Atlantian all gather resources slightly differently. What do the Chinese do?!?!)
- Still don't know exactly how they gather favor, other then vague hints in one of the minor gods unique techs.
- No word on the new campaign.

I could hype this game better then the devs in my sleep.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
pBiggZ
Citizen
posted 27 January 2016 10:38 AM EDT (US)     7 / 35       
Content, meaning art assets, 3d and 2d, sounds, animations, story, voice acting, scenarios, etc.

Besides, from what I saw in the livestream the cliffs and terrain textures looked different. Either that means new terrain textures or they've changed the way they rendered them, and considering the cliff didn't look like a flat texture, Im thinking they changed the way they rendered them.

Im just happy we're getting some new units, hopefully new toys to play with in the editor, etc.

This game lives and dies on its player made content, it always has. Throughout the last decade or so, even when other forums died down, there was always a low buzz in modding and scenario design, and that may never go away. Its the reason I keep visiting this website. Its the reason I joined it in the first place, and I was in the 8th grade when I joined.

Even if this expansion is "bad" its good. That the game gets any developer attention after 12 years is a luxury most games do not enjoy. There are plenty of games id love to see get an HD re-release on steam, like mechwarrior 2 31st century combat/ghost bears legacy/mercenaries, mechwarrior 3, mechwarrior 4, warcraft 3, diablo II, etc.

There is no need to be upset.

Hyena of Set
Citizen
posted 27 January 2016 12:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 35       
There are plenty of games id love to see get an HD re-release on steam
AoM never have a HD re-release unless i'm blind
pBiggZ
Citizen
posted 27 January 2016 01:39 PM EDT (US)     9 / 35       
HD re-release, re-textured re-release, "optimized re-release", etc.

same thing.

My point is plenty of cool games are worth re-releasing but they dont get that attention for whatever reason. Why can't we just be happy that this game is getting some attention instead of flipping shit every time you see what you THINK might be a re-textured unit or a re-used thumbnail. Half of you are pretending game development is easy. This isn't easy.

Eurotool
Hero
posted 27 January 2016 02:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 35       
PJB, I don't think anyone here has ever pretended game development was easy.

We are all thankful for the devs for working on this. However, the sole reason the game hasn't completely died is the huge involvement of community members in content creation. Some people have dedicated hundred hours of their lives to modding and scenario designing without ever being paid a single cent. On the other hand, the devs, who are being paid fat bucks, have pretty much botched the expansion and split the community to yet another platform.

There is a reason people are angry: some people see this move as a blatant insult to the fanbase.

I understand your point is not to refuse the gift, but I believe that gift itself was not very well-thought at first.

▬▬▬▬▬▬
pBiggZ
Citizen
posted 27 January 2016 02:03 PM EDT (US)     11 / 35       
You don't know their budget, or if they're well paid, very often they are not. And you can't honestly claim the expansion is botched BEFORE it comes out. If it sucks then i'll say so, AFTER i'v played it, not before.

Hyena of Set
Citizen
posted 27 January 2016 02:41 PM EDT (US)     12 / 35       
the reality of "this game is getting some attention" is "these devs are getting some more money".

just look at EE on its own, Canada Dry Ginger Ale is right about "the devs, who are being paid fat bucks". this thing cost 22?
same graphics same old thing but packed with with performance issues. (still "sorting out" after 1.5 years of release?)
I understand your point is not to refuse the gift, but I believe that gift itself was not very well-thought at first.
i think its a bit disrespectful (to the volunteer modders) calling Skybox's product as "gift", its a business.

why are they selling an expansion before sorting out the performance issue? why couldn't they sort out the issues in 1.5 years? becoz they can't earn from sorting out the performance issue. wake up.
Out Reach
Citizen
(id: newreach268)
posted 27 January 2016 03:00 PM EDT (US)     13 / 35       
I'd like to point out I said nothing about the actual content and it's quality, I talked about what content has been detailed and the ability of the team to market and hype the game by telling us those details.

Tons of key details have yet to be mentioned less then a day before release.

Zeus has infantry that eat buildings.
Hades has strong buildings.
Poseidon does Horse Stuff.
Ra has priests who can empower.
Isis blocks god powers.
Set loves bestiality.
Thor likes dwarfs.
Odin regens.
Loki is all myth units.
Kronos can teleport buildings.
Gaia makes a mess on the floor.
Oronas goes fast.

TELL ME WHAT THE 3 MAIN CHINESE GODS DO!?!?!

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
Eurotool
Hero
posted 27 January 2016 03:09 PM EDT (US)     14 / 35       
You don't know their budget
Any budget is infinitely more then the volunteer work of fellow modders. And frankly, look at the price of the EE. This doesn't even include the DLC. You totally missed my point there.
And you can't honestly claim the expansion is botched BEFORE it comes out.
EE is already a joke with the performance issues. As Hyena said, they had important things to fix before working on an expansion, but they didn't. You can't build a good house if the foundation is full of cracks. And they already uploaded dozens of screenshots: anyone can get a solid idea from these things only.

I'm not attempting to attack anyone, I'm just trying to help you understand the current situation of the community. The discontent is real and you can't just reply to these posts saying everyone is wrong and the expansion is wonderful and all.

▬▬▬▬▬▬
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 27 January 2016 03:37 PM EDT (US)     15 / 35       
All the minor gods are now out.
What do you mean? Have they changed it? The one I see still uses Artemis's chimera tech icon.
It was in the original.
icons/god power inferno icon 64

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-27-2016 @ 03:37 PM).]

Hyena of Set
Citizen
posted 27 January 2016 04:14 PM EDT (US)     16 / 35       
Set loves bestiality.
i love Lord Set <3
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 27 January 2016 04:23 PM EDT (US)     17 / 35       
Poseidon does Horse Stuff.
Shanks

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 27 January 2016 04:30 PM EDT (US)     18 / 35       
@Reach
TELL ME WHAT THE 3 MAIN CHINESE GODS DO!?!?!
I'm sure we'll establish that once people get into supremacy.

@Euro
EE is already a joke with the performance issues
You did say you were getting 3 frames per second with the game, which is dozens of frames less than what most of us are getting.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 01-27-2016 @ 04:31 PM).]

pBiggZ
Citizen
posted 27 January 2016 05:59 PM EDT (US)     19 / 35       
My point is your hate is misdirected and pointless. Wait til the expansion drops, play it, then judge it. Before then all you're doing is spewing internet hate and one of the things I LOVED about this forum is that there was rarely any of that nonsense here.

Understand, im a frequent poster on the Mechwarrior Online Forums. You have no idea what hate is until you've seen that forum.

General Dingo
Citizen
posted 27 January 2016 06:02 PM EDT (US)     20 / 35       
I'll reserve judgement until I've seen video reviews of the expansion.
Eurotool
Hero
posted 27 January 2016 06:21 PM EDT (US)     21 / 35       
It was in the original.
icons/god power inferno icon 64
This is exactly the tech icon Artemis's "Flames of Typhoon" uses.
You did say you were getting 3 frames per second with the game, which is dozens of frames less than what most of us are getting.
I was referring to Hyena of Set, who mentionned performance issues that were "still 'sorting out' after 1.5 years of release".

▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pascal9872
Citizen
posted 27 January 2016 09:50 PM EDT (US)     22 / 35       
I believe Yeeb's point is that icon was originally for the inferno GP but then got cannibalized for the Artemis tech. Or so I have heard others say that know more about the beta/alpha files/gameplay than I.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.
Milkman Matty
Citizen
(id: Khan And Steak)
posted 27 January 2016 10:41 PM EDT (US)     23 / 35       
I'll reserve judgement until I've seen video reviews of the expansion.
Well the videos have already started!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK4Fi7OhY08

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
pBiggZ
Citizen
posted 27 January 2016 10:54 PM EDT (US)     24 / 35       
Titan was alarming at first. I kinda like it though.

FrostGiant
Citizen
posted 28 January 2016 04:18 AM EDT (US)     25 / 35       
As I feared, this looks like one big mod. Most of the units and buildings are just reskinned, including the trogg Chinese Titan that uses the Greek Titan's model. Probably still end up buying it though, as much as I don't want to support what looks like a really rushed/shoddy production!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames