Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.59 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » News » Tale of the dragon released
Bottom
Topic Subject:Tale of the dragon released
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 28 January 2016 03:43 PM EDT (US)         
After 13 years, we now have a new expansion pack!

Check out all its features right here at AoMH! I have summarised all the key points for your reading pleasure below.

Another point of interest is that the following AoMHers have designed the campaign: Milkman Matty, Yeebaagooon and Zenophobia!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-28-2016 @ 04:08 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
(id: eine_gurkensalad)
posted 01 May 2017 01:22 PM EDT (US)     51 / 59       
Interesting ! 4 meter is a lot and I think chinese unit are affected too.

But one thing I never understood is tracking rating and accuracy. How it works ?
Legendary Raider
Mortal
(id: avaget)
posted 09 May 2017 05:09 PM EDT (US)     52 / 59       
tracking rating you can see if you install the tooltips mod. for example: a priest with a tracking rating of 6 can hit all units moving with a speed of 6 or lower.. but a unit with say, 6.32 speed - priest can't hit if that unit is moving. to look up accurate speed of units use that same tooltips mod.

some more examples include: mainline archers and towers before crenelations upgrade have 5 tracking rating, that's the most common tracking rating for units and buildings that shoot. ranged heroes from vanilla cultures (priest and greek ranged heroes) have 6 tracking rating, town center has 10, towers and forts (of all cultures) have 10 _after_ upgrading crenelations, most of the ranged siege has 3.5 (so even a villager can dodge a catapult shot if it's moving since villager speed is 3.8)

about accuracy this is some nice reading directly from developers of the game: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,7524,,all#2

basically first shot almost always misses.

also if you're curious: elevation has bonus damage, but rarely in use since you have to be on alfheim cliff or ghostlake cliff otherwise most of the terrain on all maps is flat

[This message has been edited by Legendary Raider (edited 05-09-2017 @ 05:11 PM).]

eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
posted 09 May 2017 06:22 PM EDT (US)     53 / 59       
If i've understand accuracy is a probability to hit the targeted unit for the earlier shots and then (how exactly ?) it hit 100%. But if the unit has a speed > tracking rating it doesn't work at all.
And when I see tracking rating 5/10 it means 5 and 10 with crenelation.
Legendary Raider
Mortal
(id: avaget)
posted 12 June 2017 11:12 AM EDT (US)     54 / 59       
it depends on the distance from an archer to a target unit, among other things dev mentioned in that post I linked - like he said it was made to lessen annoying hit and run with archers what happened in aoe.

5/10 means just that, 5 out of 10 - ten being the maximum tracking rating. info about crenelations is displayed when you hover over the upgrade with that mod I mentioned.
eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
posted 12 June 2017 04:38 PM EDT (US)     55 / 59       
Thank you for your answer

Very interesting, so for exemple an archer can miss his target for a very short range, but it is more rare, and he will be quickly able to succeed all his shots.
Does it means that flee against a gastraphete with a slow unit is a very bad idea ? (because he will miss no shot ?)

Crenellation is one of the most important upgrade from the tower, especially when the ennemi have cav (it makes a *3 bonus for tower) or simply fast units (it apply for all buildings)

Oh, and I suppose that (for the toxote)
param name="Accuracy" value1="0.8"></param is proportionnal value
param name="AccuracyReductionFactor" value1="1.5"></param is the value that determines how the range affect accuracy because petrobolos has 3 and that's why he isn't as accurate as his "0.9 accuracy" says
param name="AimBonus" value1="15"></param What is this ? The bonus after the first shot ?
param name="MaxSpread" value1="5.0"></param This is just the area were the shot can hit if he miss
param name="SpreadFactor" value1="0.25"></param determines how the shots are distributed in the MaxSpread area
param name="TrackRating" value1="5.0"></param is what we sayed

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 06-12-2017 @ 05:07 PM).]

XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 13 June 2017 00:20 AM EDT (US)     56 / 59       
The Spread is how the Accuracy system works, like a shotgun blast but with one arrow, the lower the spread, the more likely a target will be it. Accuracy just means that the archer has a 90% chance not to miss.

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
posted 13 June 2017 02:56 PM EDT (US)     57 / 59       
A shotgun Blast ?
I think Accuracy is more complicated because Petrobolos has 0.90 Accuracy and isn't as accurate. it might be the "volley mode" but Catapult hasn't it (same other stats)
lucifertk
Banned
posted 19 January 2018 04:19 AM EDT (US)     58 / 59       

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 01-19-2018 @ 06:52 PM).]

XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 23 January 2018 06:09 AM EDT (US)     59 / 59       
Volley mode is used for units that use multiple projectiles

Spread defines the potential area an arrow can hit (a radius, so for example all archers have a spread area of 5 [about 5 feet ingame]) whilst Accuracy is how precise it is (How likely it will hit the EXACT area), and then tracking is just how smart the unit acts when firing at a moving unit.

The Ranged Attack system seems to be very advanced, but it's just that ES obviously made it more casual, hence why most units in a class will share the same tracking, accuracy, and spread)

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038

[This message has been edited by XLightningStormL (edited 01-23-2018 @ 06:22 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames