You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » AoM EE Patching may be on the table - Survey
Bottom
Topic Subject:AoM EE Patching may be on the table - Survey
Nakamura
Mortal
posted 04 January 2019 09:45 AM EDT (US)         
Hey all,

It seems that MS leadership is considering to patch AoM. I made a survey to help assess what the community would like, and what the important things are. Please fill it out, it's just two questions!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/JW7ML2Y
AuthorReplies:
nottud
Mortal
posted 04 January 2019 01:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Thanks - completed the survey. Mainly want to see the exploits fixed and custom Random Map transfer properly working again.
Milkman Matty
Mortal
(id: Khan And Steak)
posted 04 January 2019 04:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Interesting!

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 04 January 2019 05:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Bring back ESO style. Also, when are they going to add a civilization the community actually asked for?
XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 04 January 2019 08:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
China was added on the premise that they appeared in all the other games, and most importantly (not announced) to try and rope in Chinese and presumably Korean players.

Obviously they failed, since the Chinese potential players denounced the art design of the gods, and a lot of them were offended in general.

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 05 January 2019 00:49 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
I know, they thought the expansion was going to be their Chinaboi money maker. China is just a weird addition to this game, they are so far removed from the region of the world this game was focused on for the past 17 years. They should have introduced anyone but them; Celts, Persians, Sumerians, Romans, Phoenicians, etc. Then, if they wanted, introduce them later on as they geographically expanded eastward lore-wise. Amateurs...
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 06 January 2019 07:28 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
I know I'm gonna get hate for this, but I may be the only one who actually thinks they did a decent job on the Chinese civ and unit design, based on the time and materials they had. They crammed what probably took ES twice as long to do in a small amount of time, and came out with decent art as far as I'm concerned. It just needs an overhaul in balance.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 07 January 2019 00:31 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Roughly 6 months of dev time, with most of the stuff done (I can suppose at the last minute) is kind of impressive, but not really tbh.

Civ design wise, much is to be wanted with the Chinese, sacrificing resources directly (a-la Market Sell/Buy ability) would've been a more unique, and better overall favour mechanic.

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
Legendary Raider
Mortal
(id: avaget)
posted 07 January 2019 03:22 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
I see where you're going from, but I disagree:
if we to compare china dlc with titans expansion atty at least has some nice designed units, which are unique in their look as well as their utility

china doesn't even have well designed and/or interesting units!
reskinned:
vermillion bird - phoenix
lion - nemean lion
quinly - valkyrie

so even if we discard the balance and how awful! they are to play/play against there's nothing interesting in their units, buildings, favor gather methods
Zeus52
Mortal
posted 21 January 2019 08:18 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
I don't mind TotD, but to be honest I was expecting more for a paid expansion. The concept is really cool. If you separate the product from the idea, I really feel like a Chinese civ was a great idea. I think they are unique enough to stand alone.

The god powers are unique, the myth units have potential, I love the god portraits (even the controversial one). If it was free that would be fine. But since it's a paid expansion I would have liked to see a little more effort and polishing. As a mod it would be awesome (since most of it is retextured units like most mods are), but I think they could have spent a little long creating at least some things from scratch.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames