You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » please help, can't open .scx files
Bottom
Topic Subject:please help, can't open .scx files
Ferdinand94
Mortal
posted 28 February 2019 08:22 PM EDT (US)         
First of all, sorry for my bad english, wich is not my mother language.

I wrote this post because i need your help. I made a hard work on a map editor, and i had to reformat my computer long time ago, and lost several of the files that i worked. After that i used a program to try to recovering the scx files (EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard), but i can't open this files in the game, which is truly frustrating.

As i can see the responses that the people give to other users with similar problems, it looks like the work is totally missing, but i need to explore every chance as possible, a new utility perhaps, or eventually, contact an expert programmer who could repair the files for a price, that maybe anyone of you could know.

Whitout any other particular at the moment, and thanking you in advance for your help, send you regards.

[This message has been edited by Ferdinand94 (edited 02-28-2019 @ 11:17 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 02 March 2019 10:16 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
I doubt you're going to be able to find someone with that kind of knowledge let alone get them working at all again.

It's best to backup these files in the future. You can find them in the scenario folder of the main game folder.

What version of the game do you have by the way?

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
Ferdinand94
Mortal
posted 02 March 2019 11:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Iíve used The Titans version, still not prove Extended Edition yet.

Iím not very clear wath you refer about working at all again, i was thinking something like open the data of the files and find what values are wrong and what happen to them, not remaking the maps again. It just is hard to believe that the recovered files are just lost corrupted data. Perhaps in the future could exist some utility who analise the corrupt data of scx files and fix them. I think that utility could be higly rated.

In fact, i always save the progress of scenarios in other folders externed to the game, sadly, in the same partition of the hardisk who i lost when my pc crashes, and i hadínt an external disk. In the future i would ve more carefully about that, thanks for the advice.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames